White smoke behind the engine and shaking/no power at all. Help me please!!

Please help me, my Mark have no power and a white smoke?

• a

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • a

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

alexnavi

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I need some serious help here. I had so much problems with my 93' Mark VIII lately and everyday a new one comes up. I really love everything about the car but if it's not this then it's that and every other day I have to spend couple hundreds for whatever parts brake down. And since I'm such a novice besides the parts, the labor is killing me. Less than a week ago while driving on highway the car overheated. So I pulled over and opened the hood. All my coolant drained out and since I had no otyher choice I had to put somne water and continue driving to home while stopping from time to time and let it cool down. I drove the car with the engine overheating about 10 miles. As soon as I entered my community the belt broke, the wheel wasnt turning at all and battery went dead. So next day I went to auto parts and bought a new water pomp and a belt. I replaced all and noticed that the idler pulley didnt spin so I had to buy that one too. I drained and replaced the coolant and so far the engine didn't overheat again so I guess I did a good job. But today something else came up. The car start losing power, and shake really really bad. Again I had to drive it home. A the green light first one in lane I wasnt able to accelerate and have enough speed so the red light turned on and I was still in the middle of the intersection. That bad it was. I pulled over and I noticed a white smoke coming out behind the engine. While looking at it I also noticed all the way down two metallic lines thery were red hot, those lines runs parallel next to each other,right on top of the cathalytic converter. I know I have a problem with my cathalytic converter, it have a whole in it and that also make a really loud noise. I bought a new one from auto parts they said is universal fit a 60 bucks value compared to 300 something an original fit. But I havent put it on and the converter is blown since couple of month ago. Can anybody tell me what problem do I have now and what cause the white smoke to come out? Please, please help me!
The first picture is two lines that got red hot on top of the cathalythic conv. and the second picture is where the white smoke coming out. The car have no power at all and as soon as I push the gas pedal it starts to shke very bad. The RPM goes to almost 4000 if i press it all the way down and as soon as the car reach 60mph or so it wont go more but the shaking goes down a little. What is going on, help me. Thank u much!

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Last edited:
For the exceleration part it could be that you have bad cats. Personally I would just remove your all the cats.

I just want to have it running. And I hope is not the head gasket or so. But the cat converter have a hole in it pretty bad for like 2 months already. But never caused me a problem except smoke coming out from it,right under the passanger door/ wheel.
Should I buy a new cat converter??? I checked today at auto-parts they have the $60 something after market, they said is universal fit not an origibnal one. You think by replacing it should fix my problem?

Members online

No members online now.
Back