Whistle noise from tb

Dkloud216

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Doing this on my phone so i cant post tge vid ..if someone can help me do that...its on utube as 2005 lincoln ls8 whistle noise...not sure if normal or what just noticed it got a little louder after oil change...or i could just be paraboid lol

I do (k&n fipk) but would i hear it over the tb/intake manifold? Im not talking down by intake filter

Stomach ache from laugjing...."should be up cooking breffast...WooWoooo" lol

Stomach ache from laugjing...."should be up cooking breffast...WooWoooo" lol

Then he takes off and there was no whistle. He almost crashed. Lol

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

I do (k&n fipk) but would i hear it over the tb/intake manifold? Im not talking down by intake filter

Yes. I only hear it sometimes with the windows down.

Then he takes off and there was no whistle. He almost crashed. Lol

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

Drove on the wrong side of the road AND blew the stop sign!

is it a whistle or more of a winding noise? does it do it on start up until RPMS mellow out then stop until you get on acceleration again?

As for vaccum leak...ive checked damn near every hose/line like a whistle...just constant high pitch tone...it does it at any time...i can only hear it if im right over engine bay with hood open...just one of those annoying things

I'm experiencing this issue too. It's like a mellow "woo". I thought it was the IAC but I hear it toward the rear of the engine. I wonder if it its related to my brake failure a couple nights ago.

The whistle is the normal sound of the intake. If you want it to go away, put the stock airbox back on. By removing the factory air intake, you removed the hemoltz resonators which eliminate that noise.

Am also getting the whilst sound coming from the throttle body (Stock Air Intake BTW)

Sound increases as I tap the gas pedal or while am driving at a constant speed.

Weird...

Is it definitelty coming from the throttle body? A leak anywhere on the intake will cause a whistling noise that will change when the throttle is manipulated, and the sound can travel in funny ways. And, is it definitely a whistle or a high pitched whine? An accessory can develop a high pitched whine that might be mistaken for a whistle, would change according to the throttle and would appear to be coming from the throttle body area since the TB is over the accessories. Might try the hose in the ear trick to try and isolate where the noise is coming from. This is supposed to work pretty well for people with working ears, tends to not work too well for me since my hearing is shot.

Members online

Back