Whisting Noise.

anovelli

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
When I drive my 2005 LS I get a whistling sound, I don't know where it is coming from but it sounds like a turbo when its spooling. I do not have a turbo, any ideas where this is coming from?

Sorry, I can't hear it from here.

Therefore, I can't tell if it's coming from under the hood or inside the cabin. I can't even see from here if you have a moonroof or a V8 or V6. I also can't tell from here if the sound changes with engine speed or car speed, or blower speed. Nor can I tell if it makes the sound while stopped or not, or while the AC is on or off, or the seats on or off, or...

In short, you're the one in the position to be able to determine the origin of the sound and you haven't provided enough information to even be able to throw suggestions out.

i get the same noise from my 04 v6. i have no idea where it is coming from. i get it at part throttle. it goes away if i let off of the gas and it also goes away under heavy throttle.

Try the wiper blades. I had a whistling that I never could find. Someone, can't remember who as it's been a while, told me to change brand of wiper blades. I did and voilá, whistle gone. I use those "single piece", spring steel blades.

Could also be a bad windshield seal.

@joegr Thanks your so helpful!
@the0captian It goes away after like 10 seconds
@ls4me and its not the wiper blades.

What Joe is getting at is if you want help, you need to give us a little more information.

Without it, I'll guess it's your rear passenger side door handle. Or maybe your radio fuse.

There is nothing wrong with it, figured out all of the v6s make the noise. Close thread please.

@nycls8 he can say that instead of sarcasm.

My 06 V8 makes a whine at times. To me it sounds like it's engine-driven, not transmission or rear or cabin blower, etc. Since it's a Ford I am going to guess it's the power steering pump. Ford has never learned how to make a quiet one.

@joegr Thanks your so helpful!
@the0captian It goes away after like 10 seconds
@ls4me and its not the wiper blades.

Some more help...

It should be "joegr: Thanks, you're so helpful!"
and "ls4me: It's not the wiper blades."

Some more help...

It should be "joegr: Thanks, you're so helpful!"
and "ls4me: It's not the wiper blades."

LOL....

See....it's pretty simple, if you give joegr enough information..he can show you how to correct it.

I did not know grammar was an issue on the internet. Thank you for your wisdom!

Grammar is an issue for any communications medium (even oral) if you wish to communicate clearly and effectively.

For what it's worth, my01 V6 started to make a whine that sounds just like a supercharger - this happened after I renewed the original serpintine belt with a new one that also has "ribs" cut across the grooves (to increase belt flexibility I assume). After a while the noise diminished somewhat as the belt broke itself in, but it's still there - just enough to make me smile and pretend that my V6 actually has some performance potential!

Members online

Back