Whipper issue!

papilos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Whippers wouldn't turn on yesterday.... This morning they worked. Now they are dead again...wth! What should I inspect? Is this common?

Whippers wouldn't turn on yesterday.... This morning they worked. Now they are dead again...wth! What should I inspect? Is this common?

First thing first. Check/replace relays.
If the issue persists, run a direct feed to the wiper motors.
If the issue persists, then it may be the motors.

If it works every time you connect and disconnect the feed, then have a look at your multifunction switch assembly. There's been a few reports on here where the multifunction switch does go bad. Change your clockspring while you're In there.

Good luck

im sure you mean wipers

not beign a dick, just laughed when i read whipper

Young whippersnapper.jpg

Young whippersnapper.jpg

I thought this was going to be some sadistic S&M thread......... :eek:

First thing first. Check/replace relays.
If the issue persists, run a direct feed to the wiper motors.
If the issue persists, then it may be the motors.

If it works every time you connect and disconnect the feed, then have a look at your multifunction switch assembly. There's been a few reports on here where the multifunction switch does go bad. Change your clockspring while you're In there.

Good luck

Okay, now you are claiming there is more than one wiper motor?
(BTW, there is only one wiper motor and only one engine fan.)

The first thing to check is the connector at the wiper motor. Is your LS gen I or gen II. It makes a difference here. Gen I has some relays you can check. Gen II has it all built into the "smart" motor.

Lmao auto assume (auto correct) felt the need to correct me with whippers. Anyway it's beyond annoying I get get out of work early Friday deciding to take the car to the shop but they are working fine! All weekend and this morning dead again.

Can you give me a heads up as to where this smart motor is located? I'd like to do as much DIY as possible

I'd turn the wipers on and then tug on the wiring harness at the wiper motor and see if that makes them stop and start.
I've seen problems at the motor connector before.

Members online

Back