Whining noise?

yes.....

get rid of the jewish woman in the passenger seat...

Ha! Seriously, she's Italian. But I hear the noise even when I ride solo. Pitch goes higher with the rpm's...

Is it coming from the engine? Does it sqeal when its standing still?

It could be the pulley tensioner if its comming from the passenger's side, if not you will need to take the serpentine belt off and hand turn each pulley to see if one of them is sqeaking. You might need to replace something. I had the same problem and it turned out to be the pulley tensioner. Hopefully thats your problem I hope its not the altenator, air compressor etc...

A/C compressor.I had this problem with my '94.Get it fixed soon or the whole thing will seize up like mine did.No big deal,you just have to have it towed to the shop instead of driving it there.

If it is just bi-pass it with a smaller serpentine belt. Winter is on its way. You don't need air.

CpeVillStr90 said:
A/C compressor.I had this problem with my '94.Get it fixed soon or the whole thing will seize up like mine did.No big deal,you just have to have it towed to the shop instead of driving it there.
I did notice that the message center alerts me that the a/c is low, so it turns off the compressor. (when i use the de-froster)

My old one made the whine he's talking about.The R34 refridgerant was fine.The A/C compressor was just going bad.I decided to wait until spring because winter was also on the way.A couple days later the whole thing just locked up.Im not sure a smaller belt will work because the part the dealer had came with the clutch too so I take it they go hand in hand somehow.

Tnx. for all the info. The refrigerant is low, but i'm gonna get a new compressor put in before this one siezes up. Oh yeah, and top off the refrigerant...

To bypass the A/C Compressor pulley (94 Northstar engine) with a shorter belt use ACDelco 6K739 or CarQuest No. K060739. The belt length is 73.9 inches.

To bypass the A/C Compressor pulley with a shorter belt use ACDelco 6K739 or CarQuest No. K060739. The belt length is 73.9 inches. I used the CarQuest belt on my 94 Eldorado.

Then you can't use the A/C.Might as well just get it fixed the right way while your screwing around with a belt.

This is just a fix or a patch to allow you to drive just in case you don't have the $$$ to pay for the part(DIY'ers) not to mention the mechanic(Non-DIY'ers).

Members online

No members online now.
Back