which would you buy?

ervin

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a lead on 2 mark viii's, my son wants one now and im trying to help him out. the thing is one has traction control and one doesnt, both are 95 models i believe.so im wondering aside from traction control is there a performance difference ?

Ok I don't understand. You have three why not save the money and give him one of them.

because the 94 i drive, the current 95 my daughter uses for college, and the 98 is being slowly rebuilt. at first he didnt want one till he drove my 94, now he wants one and i probably will get them both. one for him and the other for my wife as a present for our 25th anniversary...

In a Gen1 I would opt for the one without TC, simply due to the fact that it can't brake if it doesn't exist, and Gen1 TC is absolutely worthless..the technology just wasn't there at that time for it to work properly

In all honestly, I would stay away from a Gen1 unless it was an early 93, if I have to drive a Gen1, I want the best drive shaft and chip

I actually prefer the traction control in a Gen 1 around town
A Gen 2 will bring you to a dead stop when trying to get going off a light
This is in the winter of course

I actually prefer the traction control in a Gen 1 around town
A Gen 2 will bring you to a dead stop when trying to get going off a light
This is in the winter of course

In a Gen1 I would opt for the one without TC, simply due to the fact that it can't brake if it doesn't exist, and Gen1 TC is absolutely worthless..the technology just wasn't there at that time for it to work properly

In all honestly, I would stay away from a Gen1 unless it was an early 93, if I have to drive a Gen1, I want the best drive shaft and chip

both easy to swap. i wouldn't let these stop me from buying a 94-95 that i liked otherwise.
i would stay away from a 96 though. unless it was an LSC. then only maybe.

Members online

Back