Which Tail Lamps Look Better????

1SicLs

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I tinted my tail lamps a few weeks ago and i keep getting pulled over by the dam pigs, those :q:q:q:qers sure love to pull me over and write me tickets, anyways..... i am going to replace them but dont know if i should get the stock two tone tail lights or if i should get the All red LSE tail lamps for my o4lsv8. Which tail lamps do you people out there think i should replace them with, which look better???????

This is what my lamps look like as of now!!!preatty bad ass but hard to see the lights
P7270022.jpg

You could always pull the tint off those and retint the top half...But as for you question I like the two-tone tails

Last edited:
Get the stock two tones and just tint the top with a very light smoke.

I like those alot dude, they look good what a shame.

those do look pretty nice. i had black tail light covers on my truck until somebody stole them, then i had them tinted pitch black but i never even had a cop mention them to me the times i was pulled over. that sucks they are saying something to you.

Why not just wet sand some of the tint off so the red lenses are a little more visible? That should get the cops off your back.

I have been harassed in Delaware for my tinted tails when I lived there. It was a few days after I put them in, its almost like it happened as soon as I came across the first cops path. I had to get rid of them and they were only slightly smoked. I guess it all depends on where you live and what kinda "pigs" you have wallowing in the mud ( stay out of the mud!! ). One lives across the street with a Dakota and his lights are jet black with those ram surroundings.

I like the all-purple ones best. You should definitely buy those and put them on your car.

But that's just my opinion, and why would you want to base your decision on my opinion, or that of anyone else? Ask yourself which looks best to you.

Personally, I prefer the two-tone taillights.

There's something about those tinted tails; they remind me of goth girls, with the black lipstick and white makeup....

I like the all red ones, but black and clear look good also. Maybe lighten up the tint on the red part.

"Pigs"! You guys are :q :q :q :q ing amaizing. If you don't want a ticket then don't do illegal :q:q:q:q in your state and quit whining you pussies! Keep it legal and you won't get in trouble. It baffles me why people complain when the police do their jobs, because if it were the exact oppisite and they were slacking, you would be bitching how "you pay thier salary" and they don't do :q:q:q:q. Keep it legal and you won't have a problem. Doesn't anyone check their local laws before "upgrading"?

That was a little harsh but I agree with it. I have learned my lesson on tints and tail light tints, car stereos.... My car is 100% legal now. The tints are 35% on the sides and 5% on the back. The taillights are tinted but they still have the necessary red reflectors visible. I don't listen to loud music in certain municipalities nor after 10 pm in residential areas.
He is right if you obey by the laws the police wont mess with you, but there are those that like to live by their own rules. I once was one of those people it just costs to much to be that guy again.

I'm not trying to be harsh or sound like a dick but if you saw someone breaking a law, and not just a motor vehicle law, any law, you would want the cops to do something about it, right? So why is it when people do something illegal to there ride, it's ok to complain about the cops "harassing" them. It's not harrassment, or profiling or them just picking on you, its simply the fact.........you are breaking the law. Some cops give other bad names by doing some of these things but those guys are VERY few and far between. Most officers don't like to make traffic stops because everytime they do they are putting their lives at risk. There is no such thing as a routine traffic stop, you never know who is in that car until you approach it, so trust me the last thing that cop was doing was pulling you over for the fun of it.

can you get those in a clear? If not I would go with all red.

IMO when cops pull you over for something like that it's because their jealous that they don't have a car that nice. H8trs with power. Not that most cops are bad, but some of those young punks could use a real beating.

I got 8000k hid's which apear blue, which would look illeagal, but give off a white light, which is legal. And my 35% tint on my side windows is illegal also, and my exhaust is loud as heck. I never get harrased though (knock on wood) must be because the ls looks way sportier then the continental.

Also if I seen someone breaking the law, yes I would want someone to get them, but where are they when I'm getting tailgated or run off the road? The one headlight? the no brake lights? no turn signals? the drivin and svervin at 45 mph on a 70 mph highway on their cellphone puttin on make up? The failure to yeild when merging? No mud flaps throwin rocks with them big azz 35 inch tires?You wanna pull someone over for stuff on their car? If the brake lights are still visible from a good distance, let it go it's not hurtin anyone. I'm sick of the double standards applied to people because of what they drive.

blah blah blah blah blah... that's all I hear

harrassment, doing their job... whatever you call it...

If you don't give a reason, you won't have any problems.

Actually you are right, if you keep the illegal stuff off your car you shouldn't have any problems. I just wish the laws would change with the times. I know the police have no control over what laws are put in place, their just doin their job. Just seems like some people get alittle bit more attention than others.
And I've never had a bad experience myself with the law around my area, but I have in the city. I guess I just got a bad taste in my mouth from the MP's from when I was in the military.

Bs...

i hear all this talk about keeping it legal and you wont have a problem. how dark your windows are or if your tails are tinted hurts NOBODY. its a victimless crime that maybe is enforced too often. i feel that cops in my town DONT do their job. i can point out plenty of areas where drugs are sold on the streets and cars are stolen and cops rarely worry about that. instead theyre too worried about somebodys tint. i live in VA Beach so crime here is low anyways...but nonetheless they dont care about the drug dealers.

tint laws here are beyond ridiculous so that may be why some of you are ok with keeping it legal. 50% in the front and 35% in the rear windows is almost worthless. i drive an all black LS with black leather interior...i didnt just get my tint to "look cool", with the heat out here it gets pretty hot inside...to the point where its unbearable. 50% does NOTHING to help the situation.

on top of all that...i have friends with darker tint than mine on regular old cars that have NEVER gotten tint tickets. ive gottten 3 in the past 2 months. you can ask anyone in town and theyll know my car...it stands out A LOT (i stick by my guarantee that no one has my rims). i feel i get pulled over because my car stands out in the crowd...thats why the stock mustang with 20% gets no attention. that is discrimination and stereotyping and whatever else you want to say that cops DONT do. no other explanation for it.

...so when theres legitimate things for cops to be worrying about instead of the flashy luxury sedan with all black and chrome 20"s and dark windows, i dont wanna hear about keeping it legal. sorry...thats my opinion.

Back to the subject. I had mine painted all black and didnt really like it. I just bought some acetone and it came right off. +1 All red

What kind of rims do you have that NOBODY else has. You had a company build one set of rims for you damn. Lets see some pics.

The ones you have on there right now look great... too bad. I think you should still go two-tone with your car color.

Members online

No members online now.
Back