Which is the better buy: LS or Zephyr

Sunshine

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi...was wondering if you could help me out. Been looking to buy a new car...and cant seem to decide between an LS or a Zephyr. I like the way both look...any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

Sunshine said:
Hi...was wondering if you could help me out. Been looking to buy a new car...and cant seem to decide between an LS or a Zephyr. I like the way both look...any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated
Think of the LS as an inexpensive BMW 5 series and the Zephyr as a dressed up Mazda 626 since the Zephyr is based on a Mazda 626 platform. THis is not a knock against the car but I mention it to point out that it is a front wheel drive transverse engine layout. The positives of this car is that it is new so you would not be getting the last of the breed. The Zephyr will get beter gas mileage.

If you value handling and performance then the LS is the better choice since it is a true rear wheel drive car. But it will get worse mileage and next May will be the end of the line for the LS so it is a dead end. On the other hand this will make it a more exclusive car :woowoo2:

I personally wont buy any new model until its been in production for a year or two. Too many things can go wrong. It needs a year to shake out the bugs.

i agree in a way but come on you realy think they will shake any bugs look at cars now that have been in production for 4 5 or 6 years they do nothing yet LOL

What are you looking to get out of the car? If you are interested in performance go with the LS. If you are planning on getting the LS6 I would strongly look at the Zephyr.

Yeah, it is the first year for the Zephyr so it will have it's little bugs, but then again it's a brand new car that looks good and you won't see many of them out on the road (not that the LS is overpopulating the streets but definitely more of those than the Zephyr.)

Black03 said:
What are you looking to get out of the car? If you are interested in performance go with the LS. If you are planning on getting the LS6 I would strongly look at the Zephyr.
If you're looking at Zephyr vs. LS, I presume you're looking at 2006 models. The V6 was discontinued after the end of the '05 MY, so for '06es, you're comparing the V6 Zephyr with the V8 LS. If you'd consider a 2005, you can probably find some outstanding deals on a new 2005 LS V6, probably good enough to beat the price on a new Zephyr.

Personally, I would choose the LS, but it all depends on what you want. The Zephyr is more entry-level luxury; the LS is more luxury sport. The LS has rear wheel drive, a V8, and SST (which allows you to select and hold a gear); the Zephyr has front wheel drive, a V6, and no SST (the shifter I've seen shows D, 2, and 1 for the forward gear selections). The Zephyr is also lacking the LS's AdvaceTrac traction/stability control system, which could be a dealbreaker for some. The Zephyr does have a 6-speed auto, whereas the LS has a 5-speed.

Interior measurement-wise, the Zephyr is slightly larger in some dimesions and slightly smaller in others when compared to the LS. One place where I'm told it's significantly better than the LS is in trunk space.

all i know is that
after that :q:q:q:q v6 in the 3.8
that i had the contie
i will never buy a another lincoln with a v6 man

Members online

Back