Which Hoen bulbs?

cdixon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
O.K. I got a question on something that Gray Ghost had helped me on before. I'm looking at getting a matched set of Hoen bulbs (low,high,fog) but I'm getting conflicting advice on which lowbeam to get. Hoen said to get the titanium low and the xenonmatch fogs but the regular xenonmatch lows are factory wattage and I don't want to risk harming my connectors or housing so what do ya'll say to do. The titaniums are 70W which I understand to be at the upper limit of what a factory system should have. Any advice?

I got the 9005, 9006 and the H10 (9145) bulbs. All were the Xenon Match Plus except for the H10 (9145) which were the Xenon match. I went ahead and replaced all the bulbs on the drivers side with the HOEN bulbs and left the Silverstars in the passenger side for comparison. You can tell the HOEN bulb is whiter than the Silverstar which surprised me. I was expecting a bluer color but instead it was white. You can see the difference in the low beam and especially in the fog lights. Of course I had the original 9145 in the fog lights on the passenger side so there was a dramatic difference there.

hoen2.jpg

hoen3.jpg

The next picture shows the difference in the HOEN bulb (right in each box) and the Silverstar bulb (left in each box).

hoen1.jpg

Now I've since replaced the HOEN bulbs with an HID conversion kit.

Thanks GrayGhost. I have to say you are quite a photographer. Of course I can't see your car side by side to mine but from what I can tell there's no comparision between yours and my stock ones. I tried to contact the Hoen rep yesterday becuase he had said that I could get a package deal if I puchased all three (low, high, and fog). Hopefully he'll write back today. Thanks again for your help and I'll let you know how it goes.

2 things,
1.. Where did you get that grill, I have black car and I want to black out the front of my car like you did.
2. When you installed the aftermarket hid's how did you take care of the bulb out light comming on?
Eamonn

hockey930 said:
2 things,
1.. Where did you get that grill, I have black car and I want to black out the front of my car like you did.
2. When you installed the aftermarket hid's how did you take care of the bulb out light comming on?
Eamonn

he sells the grill www.lskoncepts.com

I put the hoen's in my ls and my other cars.
Now my other cars already had upgraded headlight harnesses and silverstars, but the hoens are definitely brighter. As a side note they also pass inspection here in NJ, where the Blue "hid lookalike" bulbs will not.

question has anyone added heavier wiring and relays to the LS. I have not had a chance to check the DVD yet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back