Which car should I buy?

wampa1

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I'm just looking for a couple of opinions on which car I should buy... So if you could help a guy out it'd be great (btw all prices mentioned are in CAD dollars)

What I'm looking at is two different cars from Lincoln and Cadillac. The first is a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 full loaded with all factory options including the wood grain interior and the 6 CD changer in the glovebox. It's got 92,000 kilometers on it, and is listed at $14,888. It's a blue colour...

The second car is a 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport with all options except the disc changer in the back. Now its listed at 9500 as is or 10500 with the safety (It needs a new windshield) It's got 98000 kilometers on it, but needs a little bt of paint repair on the passenger side door from stone chips. It's a black on black car... also this one has brand new low profile tires with it...

They both seem like nice cars, and I have no idea which one to get.... For me, the main thing is long term reliability, good looks and some fuel economy.... Though I really don't expect 40 MPG out of these cars. :)

Thanks

Go buy two Mark VIII's, maybe save some money and get a much nice car. Say a couple '96 LSC's with the HID headlights.

wampa1 said:
The first is a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 full loaded with all factory options including the wood grain interior and the 6 CD changer in the glovebox. It's got 92,000 kilometers on it, and is listed at $14,888. It's a blue colour...

Then buy the Lincoln LS!:Beer

If you don't mind FWD why not a 98 and up Continental, they have the Intech V8 and about 275 hp. :steering But out of those two I would say the LS hands down. :monkey:

Conti94 said:
If you don't mind FWD why not a 98 and up Continental, they have the Intech V8 and about 275 hp. :steering But out of those two I would say the LS hands down. :monkey:

Well... The thing is is that I'm really looking for a low mileage, low cost luxury sedan that combines comfort and good gas mileage. These two are the ones that I found immediately that offer the comfort and the luxury, but the mileage is still a question for me.

So... I'm willing to consider any car meeting those criteria....

98 Conti's cost about the same maybe less than the LS, theres a 2000 Continental close by me that is up for about 9500$, pretty reasonable for the year. :steering

Members online

Back