Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
There are four aftermarket brands for the LS:

eibach - 1" drop
H&R - 1" drop
InTrak - 2" drop
SpringTech - 1.5" drop

many LLSOC members have tried all four types - and all seem to be happy - even with the lower priced SpringTech. I use the InTrak.

Thanks Quick. I'll just have to look up some prices and decide which will fit my budget and how much drop I want.

:Beer you'll like the look and improved handling.

BTW: you'll have to go get an alignment done after installing the springs - and do not worry that they will not be able to get it back into perfect. The LS does not are rear camber adjustment so you be driving around with between 0.7 and 1.4 degree camber in. Just rotate your tire more and enjoy the better cornering.

Thanks for the info. Did you install your springs yourself? I was gonna get some help from a few friends who have done susp work before.

Black03 said:
Thanks for the info. Did you install your springs yourself? I was gonna get some help from a few friends who have done susp work before.
I didn't - I had the alignment shop also swap the springs = $350 for both jobs.

Doing the springs yourself shouldn't be too difficult - just remember to follow the torque numbers for the top of the stock mounts.

I put the Sprint springs in my self those are on Ebay for $159 delivered, they are great so far after being on for a couple months. It hard having a lowered LS in Chicago with 18 inches of snow, the car gets stuck everywhere. The Springs come out easily, just have a friend help you to get the rears back in since you cant see the holes on top. That was brutal to do alone, it helps to have a second floor jack handy.

eL eS said:
Try this one:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Praxis&model=Adaptive+Perf+Susp+Sys

praxis_system_md.jpg

Guys with this are kicking my butt on the course. It's so adaptive it'll actually pick up a wheel while parked on an uneven surface....

If i read the MT article correctly they made their car leap over a 2x6 plank that was in the road. Looks like KITT, that snappy car david haselhof made famous, is back.

Someone's got to find a way to put that on an LS. Air is the way to go, can go stock, mild, or wild with a single touch of a button.

eL eS said:

WOW that is AMAZING... Thanks for that article... I think the most intriquing part was when they asked the following:

Could this tech be applied elsewhere? Absolutely. We asked whether the same concept could be used to provide infinitely variable valve timing and lift without a camshaft, and were stonewalled, so that's almost certainly under development. !!!!!!!!! IMAGINE THAT!!!!!! Oughta be cool. Unfortuately, they said the cost will be WAY HIGH. Which is unfortunate! The technology is not that new, only the application of it... Very cool though!!!

That Bose suspension looks pretty cool...check out some of Vids

http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=BLXlhSMGmwDZpKX2LKlLCJzm2yLnY1mNYH22PNmQxS71vj505Qtj!-146100007!-1885516663?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/bose_suspension.jsp&pageName=/automotive/index.jsp

Members online

No members online now.
Back