Wherz the EGR System Module...

jberbrich

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
...on my '03 LS V8? I keep getting a P0108 code. I already thoroughly cleaned the MAF sensor and wiring with the proper respective cleaners. I think my next step would be to clean the electrical contacts at the ESM, then replace the ESM if that doesn't do the trick.

Any other ideas of what to replace in the proper order? I heard the MAF sensor doesn't really fail as much as the ESM. That's why I though I should replace the ESM first. Am I on the right track?

Oh, by the way, I'm getting .4 mpg better mileage with the P0108 code. I live at 1700 feet above sea level and drive to sea level to work 6 days per week. Wierd huh?

Installed my new OEM EGR valve from Rock Auto. Sure was a bitch getting that nut loose from the crankcase hose. Also reintalling that same nut. Not much throw room for the wrench. My P0108 code is gone for good now. Thanks guys

The other LS we got in the family (04 V6) threw the same exact code....something to do with the MAP sensor. Since, the car doesn't have one, figured it was the MAF sensor. Went ahead and replaced it and a day later the code came back on.

I had a feeling it was going to be the EGR and guess i was right. I am going to put an order for a new one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back