where'd you stick it? XM sirrius radio.

Chromebrow

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently got XM for my mark but couldn't get an indash upgrade so I got the lil extra radio.
Anyone else have this and where have you placed yours. The pic below is where mine is now the the antenna is just sitting inside the sunroof for now.
I'd like to mount it right above the rear view on some type of bracket glued to the window like a mirror but would like some input.
Also how have you ran the antenna wire outside and where did you mount it.
Show me some pics.
here my temp placing, it works but I don't wanna keep it there.

2011-01-31_18-13-10_876.jpg

2011-01-31_18-13-15_438.jpg

I recently got XM for my mark but couldn't get an indash upgrade so I got the lil extra radio.
Anyone else have this and where have you placed yours. The pic below is where mine is now the the antenna is just sitting inside the sunroof for now.
I'd like to mount it right above the rear view on some type of bracket glued to the window like a mirror but would like some input.
Also how have you ran the antenna wire outside and where did you mount it.
Show me some pics.
here my temp placing, it works but I don't wanna keep it there.

You definitely need to clean up that install. It looks terrible. I have indash units for both of my Mark. You don need to have the antenna on the roof. It can be mounted in the front windshield or the rear window. As long as there is a clear line of sight to the outside. You are supplied with enough wire to stretch out the antenna. I would mount the display unit on the driver's side by the windshield and the A-pillar. You can check online or Best Buy for a windshield mount.

I know it looks like @SS. I didn't want to wire it all in just to undo it and re do it. My gps and phone dock are to the left it can't go there.

I hate exposed wires that these things can produce. Everything is tucked and hidden.

My first place I put mine was in the center console, but found it not to be wise for safety sake, as you have to look down to open and change channel.
SD531392.jpg
Then I put it here, and works out great and in finger reach with the hand on shifter. No wires exposed and neat and clean. To avoid the cigerette lighter issue always in the way, I relocated it to the left side front corner shifter mounting bolt. I purchased a aftermarket lighter port from auto store which comes with a 90 degree bracket to mount it. If you want to see that let me know. That way it is out of the way, not seen and easy to get to if needed.
SD531416.jpg

SD531392.jpg

SD531416.jpg

Last edited:
This is how I had my S50 mounted until I decided I was keeping my Gen1 and not using it as a disposable car. I then ran the wiring that hooked it straight into the Antennae instead of using FM pickup.
S50.jpg

Then I got sick of the stock head units limits and I put in a Dual Din Alpine and stuck a Sirius tuner in the trunk with the DVD Changer but recently dumped Sirius as it was just a waste of my money :(
Mini205.jpg

I hate exposed wires that these things can produce. Everything is tucked and hidden.

My first place I put mine was in the center console, but found it not to be wise for safety sake, as you have to look down to open and change channel.
View attachment 60445
Then I put it here, and works out great and in finger reach with the hand on shifter. No wires exposed and neat and clean. To avoid the cigerette lighter issue always in the way, I relocated it to the left side front corner sifter mounting bolt. I purchased a aftermarket lighter port from auto store which comes with a 90 degree bracket to mount it. If you want to see that let me know. That way it is out of the way, not seen and easy to get to if needed.
View attachment 60447

Bill you have a JVC radio that is Sat Ready. Buy the JVC Sirrius unit!
jvc_sirius_package.jpg

I did that long ago with XM first came out. I still have the XM kit on a shelf somewhere.

It plugged into the "Alpine AI Net". Basically its like the head unit is a computer and the XM is a printer. Plug and play. Works VERY well and that way you control it all from the head unit, no extra junk or crappy audio.

The antenna I stuck just behind the third brake light under the carpet. It worked fine and I am way up north. Never, ever had a signal issue. My antenna was a style like the one in pics above but taller. To make sure I had a super clear signal I remove the housing from the antenna so it was bare. Then using that thick foam tape, I reach up under the shelf and placed it on the metal ledge behind the brake light. Plenty of room!

For a short while I had it on the roof at the very back just above the window. That way the wire would instantly tuck into teh weather stripping round the rear window, then into the trunk. Til the day I got rid of the car it had damage marks from the antenna (an outline)!

I liked my install since the car looked as factory as possible, no antenna and wire sticking out and everything was protected inside. The brian box was just put in the trunk using velcro above a wheel well. Then the connecting cable to the head unit. Power was taken from the amps, but I had to have constant 12v or else it would always default to station 1.

I ran my antennae in the rear window as well. I've never had a problem with my gps or my Sirius. I then ran the antennae cable, FM direct connect, and power wire into the center console box. I took the factory phone connection out and ran the wires thru the existing hole, so that i didn't have to drill one. I have sporster 5 and it fits horizontally in my arm rest very well. I only listen to one or two stations, so when i leave work i plug it in and leave it alone.

I would run the antenna behind the rear view mirror.

It worked with my GPS antenna.

Im planning on mounting it where I said and all wires will run in the head liner and no wires will show.
I wasn't wanting my antenna outside so I was planning to tuck it in along side the sunroof track. Any downside to this idea.
Thanks for all the ideas keep them coming.

the antenna works fine just sitting on the dash, no reason to run it to the back or outside of the car

dnehthend-marksirius02.jpg

dnehthend-marksirius01.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back