where to fill coolant on 2004 lincoln ls?

kevyo1221

New LVC Member
Reaction score
when the coolant drip out from removing the throttle body, do i replace it by filling it up from the radiator or the coolant reservoir?

Well, there is no way to fill from the radiator. If you have the V8, then your choices are the degas bottle (coolant reservoir) or the engine fill cap. If you have the V6, then you are left with only the degas bottle, AFAIK.

If you only loose a little coolant, just topping it up should be okay. If it's more, then you'll have to do the factory bleed procedure exactly.
Here it is for the V8:2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

PS: If you are changing the throttle body because of ETC failsafe, you will probably be disappointed.

i actually left the throttle off for a few days and had a micro fiber towel over where the coolant was coming out. i took off the throttle because i needed to remove the elbow it was attached to from the intake manifold. since i took it off i ended up cleaning the throttle a bit with some crc throttle cleaner and a micro fiber towel.. not sure how much came out during that time but im sure it might of been alot since it been off for some days

Well, there is no way to fill from the radiator. If you have the V8, then your choices are the degas bottle (coolant reservoir) or the engine fill cap. If you have the V6, then you are left with only the degas bottle, AFAIK.

If you only loose a little coolant, just topping it up should be okay. If it's more, then you'll have to do the factory bleed procedure exactly.
Here it is for the V8:2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

PS: If you are changing the throttle body because of ETC failsafe, you will probably be disappointed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
i actually left the throttle off for a few days and had a micro fiber towel over where the coolant was coming out. i took off the throttle because i needed to remove the elbow it was attached to from the intake manifold. since i took it off i ended up cleaning the throttle a bit with some crc throttle cleaner and a micro fiber towel.. not sure how much came out during that time but im sure it might of been alot since it been off for some days

Members online

No members online now.
Back