Where to buy??

Countryboi93

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello I have given in and took my car to the dealer, and they told me my abs module is dead. My question is to everyone is, where can I buy a abs module for an 03 V8? The dealership wants me to pay 800 then turn around and pay 300 to put it in. I feel like I can buy it cheaper on line but I want to make sure I am getting the right one.

It CAN be cheaper... but the price seems to depend on whether or not your LS has traction control or not. This is based on the information you have given,,, and a simple search on Google done on the actual internet... and not through "internet lite" done through a cell phone.

However.... even if you can find the ABS module cheaper,,, you still have to have the knowhow to install it... and posesss the special software/computer to properly bleed the full brake system afterwards. You may not like this answer,,, but go through the dealer that quoted parts and install.

IIRC... the ABS system on the LS is only fully bleedable by a specific process throught the dealer,,, from a special computer that is the only way to open all solenoids on the ABS module to get the air out of the system.

Yes... You might be able to find the part for $200-$400 less,,, but if you walk in with your own part the dealer will most likely not warranty the work!!! Might be time to play nice with the dealer,,, and beg them for a discount.

I believe forscan was able to perform the ABS module bleed procedure. Man I miss my LS now lol. But the ABS module isn't all of that a big deal since its right there as soon as you open the hood; providing you know the proper way to remove it and how to perform a proper bleed procedure.

Is it the hydraulic part or the electronic part, or both of the module? Failure of these still seems to be pretty rare, so I think that you could try junkyard parts. The electronic part is easy to install and does not require any bleeding. However, you do still need a scan tool that can initiate calibration if you have AdvanceTrac.
The hydraulic part is more complicated due to all the bleeding required.

Definitely try forscan.org i was told the same thing from dealer two weeks ago and i used forscan program and reprogram abs module. If you need to recalibrate sensors i have the test build 2.3.5 if you would like it

Members online

No members online now.
Back