Where to buy coil springs

V8inMA

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Currently have a 2006 with Eibach springs, which lowered it about an inch and 1/2. I want to give the car to my dad and its too low the way it sits now. I want to return it to stock height and I am having trouble locating springs for it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

If you want the stock springs, a pick-n-pull junkyard may be your best shot now.

If you want the stock springs, a pick-n-pull junkyard may be your best shot now.
Ok thank you. I should have specified that I just want the OEM height they don't need to be actual OEM but I wasn't finding anything .

Well... depending on what springs you have on the car now... you need to replace them with the same springs.

The OEM springs are color coded... depending on engine and other suspension options.

The V6 engine weighs more than the V8, so you would want front springs from a V6 LS... if that is what you have.

The V8 sport LS has stiffer springs than the V8 base model.

So this isn't as "cut and dry" as you think.

Look at this spring/shock assembly.

It has a green tag at the top of the spring. Green tag springs are for the Sport V8. You will find green tags on all 4 sport springs.

Other color codes are yellow, or orange, or blue... depending on the options on the LS you have.
IMG_20230526_093607794_HDR.jpg

Truthfully... any springs you find... will not affect ride height. The most new/better/stiffer springs... will only affect ride "quality".

Lets say you find a spring shop that makes custom springs... that were an inch taller than the original springs.

You just raised the center of gravity... of the whole car... which will affect handling in a very negative way.

So at this point, you start surfing the net... and find a couple websites that advertise "air ride" for the LS.

Those websites are shysters... because there is no way to adapt air ride to the LS... and even then (if a stand alone system was available) it would be prohibitively expensive.

My suggestion. Sell the LS and get lincoln that already has air ride... and let Dad drive it.

Just keep in mind that any springs or shock assemblies will NOT increase the height on the LS, so you are only making a "sideways" move that will not help your dad get in and out of the vehicle.

Ok thank you. I should have specified that I just want the OEM height they don't need to be actual OEM but I wasn't finding anything .
I did the same thing, car was starting to bottom out on quite normal transitions from parking lots onto streets. Bought a pair of rear used coilover oem shocks and solved the problem, since Eibach springs had settled the rear down 2 inches under stock ride height. I did not have to change the fronts. I used Jack's in Billerica, but using car-part.com can find you a set closer to where you live, or, anywhere in the country that they may still be in stock. Hopefully, they are not another set of eibachs, so make sure they have the OE color coding. At this point, take whatever you can get, if anything. I assume pappy won't be needing to worry about the center of gravity being too high, lmao.

I did the same thing, car was starting to bottom out on quite normal transitions from parking lots onto streets. Bought a pair of rear used coilover oem shocks and solved the problem, since Eibach springs had settled the rear down 2 inches under stock ride height. I did not have to change the fronts. I used Jack's in Billerica, but using car-part.com can find you a set closer to where you live, or, anywhere in the country that they may still be in stock. Hopefully, they are not another set of eibachs, so make sure they have the OE color coding. At this point, take whatever you can get, if anything. I assume pappy won't be needing to worry about the center of gravity being too high, lmao.
Lol, no you are right he won't care about that. Appreciate the info !

Currently have a 2006 with Eibach springs, which lowered it about an inch and 1/2. I want to give the car to my dad and its too low the way it sits now. I want to return it to stock height and I am having trouble locating springs for it. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Where did you get those eibach springs? I have an 03 and ive seen people talk about the eibachs but cant seem to find them anywhere

The LS was not popular enough at the time for Eibach to continue making shocks and/or springs to lower the LS.

IIRC... they even made sway bars for the LS... for a brief time.

You are looking for a "white elephant" that no longer exists.

A spring shop that can make custom springs is your only option... but you need to do some math to figure out how much weight each corner of the car carries.

That also is more critical on the front, depending on which engine you have.

The V6 weighs 100 lbs more than the aluminum V8.

I did something like this on my '95 F-150 4x4 (extended cab) years ago.

I bought E-150 van springs for the front, from a local parts store.

I then went to a local spring shop and told them I wanted rear leaf springs made rated for an extra 600lbs weight capacity.

That truck ended up riding like it was on rails. It was very predictable, and handled extremely well... and would easily carry 3000 lbs of stone when needed.

Point is... do the math, or have someone else figure that out for you... but custom springs can be expensive.

I don't have an answer I
have a question... Where did U find the lowering springs. I've been in the daylight w/ a flashlight trying to find some. I even called Eibach. A discontinued item.

Members online

Back