Where On Earth... Which Direction Am I Go'n???

well i do depend on my compass when going somewhere i never been before...so for a modual..where it it located(hmm..is it somewhere in the dash,and how much am i lookin in price?

RedWing:
The magnetic north pole is a bit south east of the true north pole. Depending on where you live the variation or declination can vary. In the Pacific Northwest it is off by 19.5 degrees east. If you happen to live near the line of longtitude that passes from the true north down thru magnetic north you would not notice any difference. If you have ever seen a nautical chart it shows a compass rose with both magnetic & true north readings. In order to navigate from compass readings to chart course you must always add or subtract the variation depending on what part of the earth you are sailing on. All compasses point to the magnetic north which is not necessarily true north.

LSCGODDESS98 said:
well i do depend on my compass when going somewhere i never been before...so for a modual..where it it located(hmm..is it somewhere in the dash,and how much am i lookin in price?
It's in the trunk, in the vicinity of the stereo amplifier.

Terrance said:
RedWing:
The magnetic north pole is a bit south east of the true north pole. Depending on where you live the variation or declination can vary. In the Pacific Northwest it is off by 19.5 degrees east. If you happen to live near the line of longtitude that passes from the true north down thru magnetic north you would not notice any difference. If you have ever seen a nautical chart it shows a compass rose with both magnetic & true north readings. In order to navigate from compass readings to chart course you must always add or subtract the variation depending on what part of the earth you are sailing on. All compasses point to the magnetic north which is not necessarily true north.

looks something like this;

compass declination.gif

Oooo - ok.

I rember when I had my Jeep I had to set up the compass and it asked for the region I was in and the owners manual had that exact same pic - just with zones 1-9 for the selection!! OK - thanks! :)

I bet you're just gonna need a new module LSCGodess - it really does sound like the computer is just confusing itself

Members online

No members online now.
Back