Where On Earth... Which Direction Am I Go'n???

LSCGODDESS98

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK GUYZ..I TRIED TO FIGURE OUT BY MYSELF...BUT THIS IS RETARTED ...

I NOTICED THAT MY COMPASS IS READING THE WRONG DIRECTION...IF IM GOIN EAST..IT SAYS WEST..NORTH IS SHOWING SOUTH..AND SO ON...
I HAVE TRIED TO CALERBRATE MY COMPASS LITERALLY 10 TIMES,BY PRESSING THE COMPASS BUTTON AND HOLDING IT DOWN FOR A FEW SEC,UNTILL IT SAYS CIRCLE SLOWLY..,AND THEN HIT RE-SET..OK IT SHOWS ON THE SCREEN OK CIRCLE SLOWLY TO CAL..OK I DID THAT ONCE,2 X,THE 3X..EVEN AT TIMES SHUTTING DOWN THE CAR AND RESTARTING IT,AND REPAEATING IT...AND STILL NOTHING HAD CHANGED...WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS?..I MADE SURE I WAS IN AN AREA WHERE THERES NO BUILDINGS,TREES,ANYTHING TO BLOCK IT'S PATH...AND STILL NOTHING...:mad: :confused:I WAS THINKING ABOUT TAKING THE BATTERY TERMS OFF AND RE INSTALLING IT...U THINK THAT'LL WORK?

REALLY NO MAJOR ISSUES AT THIS TIME EXCEPT FOR THIS ANNOYIN THING...ANY SUGGESTIONS...

just like a women not knowing where shes going heheh sorry but that just funny.

you cali and nothing get a new module

Anything magnetic near the compass-anything new in the car that would throw it off-that is the usual culprit.

9_8_L_S_C said:
Anything magnetic near the compass-anything new in the car that would throw it off-that is the usual culprit.

really nothing new..everything is same same....strange huh!

lincolnboy said:
just like a women not knowing where shes going heheh sorry but that just funny.

i resent that....
i definatly know where im goin....

Mine started working again...This time its accurate.I didnt fool with it anymore and all of sudden it said north.:confused:

find a empty parking lot,hold down compass and press reset.3 choices will come up,choose to cal for calibrate,then car will ask you to circle slowly.takes 2 or 3 circles sometimes,

Moes8 said:
find a empty parking lot,hold down compass and press reset.3 choices will come up,choose to cal for calibrate,then car will ask you to circle slowly.takes 2 or 3 circles sometimes,

HMM I DID THAT...MAYBE I HAVE TO GO TO THE BEACH PARKING LOT OR SOMETHING WHERE THERES NO LIGHT POLES..AND THING THAT CAN OBSTRUCT IT EYES .....

mespock said:
Have you tried the Hammer method!!! A few wacks with a Hammer always works!!

PASSING ON THE HAMMMER METHOD..THANKS FOR THE HELP ANYWAY...:p

I think you have to hold the gas pedal to the floor while you circle.
Just kidding.

Moes8 said:

Sure enough ...that fixed mine.

Forget the circling routine, Find a street that you know for sure runs True North & South, park facing North and follow the manual for setting it that way, worked for me, besides the circling method will get you magnetic north instead of true north, park the car & set it.

Terrance said:
Forget the circling routine, Find a street that you know for sure runs True North & South, park facing North and follow the manual for setting it that way, worked for me, besides the circling method will get you magnetic north instead of true north, park the car & set it.

:thread hijack:

Never heard of that - and isn't magnetic north "true north?"

I'm quite lost here - mind explaining the concept agian? :shifty:

Also - godess, it does sound like your module is takin' a crap on ya. 2 options.

1. Just read it backwards (NE=SW, N=S, etc...)
2. Order the new Module (probally the best choice for looks, not for the walle though! :D)

Members online

No members online now.
Back