Where is the schrader valve on the fuel rail of a VII?

MediumD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these at a DWI seizures auction for $230. It cranks and fires but stops firing as soon as I release the key and the starter stops turning it. I'm going to go down tomorrow and take a look at it. I already did today, but I didn't see where I could hook up a gauge and look at fuel pressure. I assume it's sparking OK since when it fires it doesn't seem rough, but I'll check that tomorrow as well (couldn't today since it was only me there.)

Cliff notes: Where is the schrader valve on the fuel rail of a VII?

Found the first one. It squirts fuel but I'm not sure it's enough pressure. I'll get a gauge on it tomorrow. Thanks.

Oh yeah, what pressures should I be looking for anyway?

Finally checked the pressure, 39psi... I guess I'll look into timing next. It fires while cranking then quits when you let off the key - is there something obvious I might be overlooking?

When cranking - did you crack the throttle? It may be a bad coolant/air temp sensor.

Does it putter and SOUND like it's gonna start - until you let go of the starter?

Redwingvksm said:
When cranking - did you crack the throttle? It may be a bad coolant/air temp sensor.

Does it putter and SOUND like it's gonna start - until you let go of the starter?

It does fire while it's cranking until I let go of the starter. Throttle position makes no difference. I sprayed some starting fluid, no difference.

MediumD said:
It does fire while it's cranking until I let go of the starter. Throttle position makes no difference. I sprayed some starting fluid, no difference.

MD,
If you have not yet solved the problem, perhaps the problem lies with the ignition. The switch may be bad. It is possible that when the key is not in the cranking position you are not getting current to the coil. Good luck

It's been really cold (well OK not really, but cold for Albuquerque) so I haven't poked around yet. That's a good idea to check though, thanks.

Members online

Back