where is the air compressor on a 93 mark viii located

marshall27

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hello all i have a 93 mark viii an i need to find my air compressor for the air ride does anyone know where it would be located at i was told to look under the battery but could not find it there where else would it b e at all help would be greatly apperciated thanks

It is behind the bumper cover on the front passenger side of the car. If you remove the fender liner and tire it is easily removed with the bumper on.

For all replacement air ride parts I would recommend American Air Suspension headed by Eddie!

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/

thank you for the help one other question is there a way to turn it off or on cuz i had the rear suspension replaced with a standard coil springs an the tech that done the work said they had disabled the compressor and now the front is sittin really low an i was told i might need to inable the compressor to get the fron to rise up an once again thank you for the help

With the air rigged up it is very hard to say what will work... best bet at this point would just be to put coils in the front....

thank you for the help one other question is there a way to turn it off or on cuz i had the rear suspension replaced with a standard coil springs an the tech that done the work said they had disabled the compressor

They may have turned it off at the switch in the trunk. (located driver's side of trunk, behind a cover)

yea that is what i was thinking as well an the switch in the trunk is still turned on. that was acually one of the first things i checked an thank you a ton for the info. i have had the car for 6 yrs and out of everything with the car the suspension is the only major thing that has gone bad on it.

.........yea that is what i was thinking as well an the switch in the trunk is still turned on.........

If i get this right, you've still got front air springs but no compressor to keep them pumped up.

-------

......the rear suspension replaced with a standard coil springs an the tech that done the work said they had disabled the compressor ........

What was this "tech" thinking when he did that? My first thought is to ask the guy exaxactly wtf he did to disable it..

How many (easy) ways are there to "disable" the compressor? My guess is they might have cut a wire or disconnected a connector. You might look at the trunk switch's connector... see if it's been unplugged.

I don't have a '93, or else I might offer some likely possibilities at other points in the circuit...
Good luck.

i have had the car for 6 yrs and out of everything with the car the suspension is the only major thing that has gone bad on it..

replacing the inexpensive and super simple to change rear bags with coil springs sure doesnt sound like a proper way to care for a car that's given you 6 years of trouble free service.

rear bags are 99 dollars

there is no way to tell how the tech/hack disabled the compressor.

hopefully he just unplugged it rather than hacking some wires somplace.

replacing the inexpensive and super simple to change rear bags with coil springs sure doesnt sound like a proper way to care for a car that's given you 6 years of trouble free service.

Well.. that's easy to say once you realize how simple the system is.. but i gotta admit that I myself investigated and seriously considered replacing the air springs with solids... I was ready to order them.

Then I opened the manuals and got my hands dirty.. replaced the leaking front springs.. and will always be thankful for keeping it all stock.

Now I have a new problem (which is why I logged in earlier). I will start a new thread.

Members online

Back