Where does the ECT Sensor wire go?

bputty

LVC Member
Reaction score
On my 2000 LS, 3.9L V8 and on the Engine Oil Filter Adapter (6881) there is a Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor F5AZ-12A648-AB, (Presently replaced by 3F1Z-12A648-A) screwed into the adapter.

Would some one tell me where the Sensors connecting wire is connected to the engine component so that the controls of the engine can tell what the engine coolant temperature is registering.

If someone knows the part number of the wiring harness that goes to the F5AZ-12A648-AB its part number would be appreciated.

My LS2006 has the same type of pickup from the oil filter adapter. I can see the wire leaving the connector; however, really don’t want to have to take my very good running 2006LS apart to find out where the wire connects to the engines control module and/or wiring harness.

SPECIAL NOTE: If your LS does not have an Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor at the oil filter adapter, where is your LS’s engine picking up the active temperature of the engine and transferring its readings to a wiring harness or a connector going to the engine controller?

Coolant temperature sensing is from the CHT (on top of the engine). The part you are looking at is described as "Oil temperature sensor." This makes sense, as it is touching the oil and not the coolant. (Even though the coolant is quite close to it on the Sport models, it is not on the non-sports.) It wires to the PCM. I can look up the exact pin tonight.

Thanks for the quick information.
Having the pin numbers will be of help to me.
By the way, upon you suggestions, I have successfully taken the manifold off and I am replacing the CHT sensor and its connector wire.
Never done this extensive of work on a car before. As you said, I took me about 2½ hours. Only had one connector that gave me some problems. Manifold cleaned up very well. New gaskets fit perfectly. I will reinstall in the morning.

Members online

No members online now.
Back