where can I get a brushed aluminum kit like this one?

1wykdmk8 said:
Here is one place, here is another one, but neither one shows 1997-1998.

Hope that helps.
:Beer
those links are good, but they don't have any pics of them installed, I don't think I would buy something just hoping it will turn out good, i need pics like lincolnmotorsports.com does, u know? Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust any company without proof of their product and pics :)

thanks,
scott

sho89mtx said:
those links are good, but they don't have any pics of them installed, I don't think I would buy something just hoping it will turn out good, i need pics like lincolnmotorsports.com does, u know? Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust any company without proof of their product and pics :)

thanks,
scott

You will most likely not find a company that has a link to a pic of them on the Mark VIII. What I would do is try to email the guy that you showed in the beginning and see where he got his. Otherwise you are out of luck.

yea...on ebay-motors...type in "Lincoln Mark VIII" in the search field...you'll get about 500+ items found. You can scroll quickly through them, simply looking for the YELLOW square box in the "menu photo" of the item.

They stand out easily when you are searching. I have yet to see a photo of them in a Mark VIII, but they do show sime photo's of the kits in other cars.

We just picked up another 95 Mark VIII that had an aftermarket wood kit installed on top of the factory wood, as well as the dash areas...no way in hell you will get this stuff off easily, so once you stick it...it will live there. Unless they sell some cleaner that removes the tacky-as-hell double sided tape they use.

Those kits suck IMO. When I got my Mark VIII it had an aftermarket woodkit on it and it was so damn cheesy looking it wasn't even funny. I took mine off like the second day I had the car. It didn't match the color of the stock wood trim, some pieces must have gotten bent and they had like sparkly stuff on it *kinda hard to explain*, and they were all crooked. No offense man but don't waste your money. Cause on my Mark VIII it screamed tacky. Not to diss anybody who has one on their car now......to each his own

i like the idea of more wood in the car, but u guys are right...it would have to be perfect to keep from looking cheap. And odds are u can't find real wood w/o forkin out major dough....But it is something i would want if it could be done right.
Now to try to add to the thread......i used to drive a civic...and i put an aluminum kit in it, and i liked it alot....for about 2 months.......and then it started showin ware/age, so I'd stay away unless u know ur gettin a quality product.

Members online

No members online now.
Back