whent up against a mitsibishi eclipse

cruzah

LVC Member
Reaction score
BLEW HIS DOORS OFF!
HAHAHAHAHAHA...MAN THIS LSC ANIT NO KINDA JOKE!

Yep I was comin up route 30 from work and stopped at a red light... this young guy with a black tuner eclipse(wing ,spoiler and all) pulls up beside me.
Its about 7:00 pm and there was hardly anybody on the road.
His head was bobin and weavin, I guess he was listening to some good music... then he turns his head towards me...AND GIVES ME THE LOOK!
(you know the look) then he looks at the light and once again turns his head towards me and starts revin,
I really haven't raced for a coupla years since i had my 340 Duster(ended up rappin it around a pole)
Anyway...I slid the LSC in gear 1 on the sly...when the light changed he burned out in front of me...I hit it and stayed right beside his rear bumper... then I took my foot of the gas ,shifted into Drive and half mashed it.
I shot up side by side with the arrogant tuner dude(hehehehe)
Then i took my foot of the gas again and shifted in to O-drive...I heard that super purr and stepped on the acc about 3/4 down and shot past dude like a bullet.
Oh boy...45 years old and i still got my skills.

CRU-ZAH LSC!...HOOOOORAHHHH!

@nyc...well its not really how fast a car is...its how a person handles it.

An Old state police trick called the slingshot is how they catch really fast cars with a standard automatic is...Say you go flying down the road at 90 mph and you zoom pass a trooper thats at a complete stand still.
the trooper starts off out the cut in 2nd gear to get as much traction as possible... then at about 30 mph the trooper shifts into 2nd...at 50 mph the trooper then shifts into drive ,floors the gas petal and slingshots right on yer butt.
Skills my man...Skills and experience.

i liked the story on the mitsu. tuner.I myself had a similar experience.I was beside an eagle talon.He to started to rev his engine(i could hear his turbo) so I thought OK.The light turns green,I hear him bangn his gears,the turbo is screamin and I,m keepn right up with him.We get to the next light,he looks at me in disbelief and I just smile.The light turns green and we take off again I get a little tire spin so he gets a little jump on me but again I keep right up with him.I had to take the opposite exit so the race ended,but let me tell you,for an 89 lincoln mark7 with 95,000 miles on it,it can still kick some ass.I think if I would have taken the same exit I would have smoked him.

A Mitsubishi and an Eagle Talon. Yeah most Mark VII's will beat or keep up with those little 4 banger turbos. Year's ago I had a 280 ZX Turbo with the straight 6 engine.. I thought it was fast but sure enough, my buddy in his 91 Mark VII pulled away from me. :eek:

But I wanna hear some real muscle car race tales....Mustangs, Dodge hemi's, 350Z's, Trans Ams, Iroc-Z's, Monte Carlos, Grand Nationals... ;)

I dont think Monte Carlos and 350z's should be put in MUSCLE category... 350z's are pretty quick tho. I never raced one yet, but can't wait to. I love playing with those Impala SS's tho... Give up a good race at times...

Well, My friend owns a 1999 monte carlo with an l67(S/C'ed 3.8) with a pb of 13.89. Well anyway, as soon as I got my mark viii, he just ripped on it every day, and every minute i talked to him. The first day it was on the road, we raced on the freeway and he pulled on my by about 25 car lengths. About 2 months later I got exhaust, and found out that my trans was slipping, and that my car shouldnt have even moved the previous months of owning it. Once I got my trans rebuilt, Me and my brother raced him with an almost full tank of gas and a bud in the back seat. He tore me up as usual. But, Today we were driving around he was by my side at a light, I started to load the converter to about 1k rpm, He's loading the TQ converter. I got a little wheel spin off the line, he had me by about 1/2 car length and right around 3k rpm i start pullin on him, Note that this is the kid that rips on my boat, as he would like to call it "the hindenburg". Well, To finish up this story, on the way back to our hood, everytime I pulled next to him, He would NOT even glance over at me. Im glad to shut him up, Now........Just about 50 more to go!

NYC LSC said:
Skill...now THATs something I don't have!
I never herd of that kinda racing, I guess I ain't got the SKILLS either. In the past I let of the gas, missed a shift, I lost. I suppose if you wait till it looks like someone shifting, then hit the gas, you can call it a victory???

yeah WTF ? the "slingshot" I don't think so. try your "slingshot" out against another mark wit the driver punching it and holding the gears to redline i guarantee he will be quicker.

LOL

I pick on stangs constantly. I've only had one stang take me in philly, we hit about 80 going down by the races one night, he hit the nos and he was gooooooooooone. My car is fast by no means. It's quick as hell for what it is and has 190k on the clock.

Hondas, eagles, mitsus, a4's, FWD vw's, whatever are all no fun for me anymore. Hell my geo storm could take them and it ran 17's in the 1/4. LOL. There is really no point in messing with any little ricer anymore unless they worked the balls off of thier little four banger, they bore me and get pissed off when i murder them in a race.

I got smoked by a PT cruiser one night, it was turbo'd out and ran 12's. I was so amazed i pulled the guy over to ask him what he did to it. Still, at the end of the day, hes driving a PT cruiser and i've got a 5spd lincoln. Thats enough to make me happy. :cool:

OMG.
I'm in tears again (laugter).
Man ... I gotta get this damn head gasket fixed and get my 1989 back to the track. Main thing I gotta do is put my videos BACK on a server so we can see:

my bolt on Mark doing 15 seconds
Tommy's five speed doing 13 seconds on 87 octane
Disney's car huffing fumes and making a 12 second pass

What I want most to see is a stock Mark VII clocked at over 120 mph. Oh, that's right, nobody has been able to actually produce that one yet :rolleyes:

Who said, "DaMn It FeElS gOoD tO bE a GaNgStA" ?
lol... put a cap in his a$$ :D <---we need a gold teeth version of this.

Okay, some better stories. Although you're a Mark 8...Smokin a S/c Monte 3.8...nice! Yeah, amazing how a non-slipping tranny can make such a difference, eh? lol

Well, I've never run this car to see her time; but I may just do it after I get the new combo installed. Check bottom of signature. :) Looking forward to see what she'll do.
I recon I'll take a weekend to do the install. Anyone wanna help? .. . all of my mods have been done solo thus far. If you live in the Tampa area, gime a shout. I'll buy the beer ;)

Members online

Back