When to replace ignition coils

phantom3

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know about how long the coils last. I've had the car since it had about 50,000 miles and now it has about 87,000 miles. Is there a recommended time to change them. The car runs fine just wanted to know if I have anything to worry about or will the coils last a few more years and miles to come, thanks.

When you do replace them--buy the new ones on ebay. I got 8 of them for $200. I think other people on this board have as well.

Just replaced mine for first time

Just replaced mine at 111,000 miles, nothing wrong with them, but got a good deal on ebay, so they got replaced.

6 of 8 coils went bad on my '03 between 90,000 and 105,000 miles. I got 4 free from Lincoln as part of the warrantee. My opinion is that if you have 2-3 go bad in a short period of time (say 10,000 miles), change the rest of the coils and all the spark plugs.

The last Ford coils I bought were made in China. I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that some of the ebay coils were made in the same factory or in a ghost factory of Ford's producer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back