When Parts are gone, So is the car!

That sucks.....

How can a newer car become a aged classic if you can't keep it running due to lack of electronic parts?

So how common is this part to going out? What are the solutions? Ford wouldn't know or care, but what do those on the site have to say?

That sucks.....

How can a newer car become a aged classic if you can't keep it running due to lack of electronic parts?

So how common is this part to going out? What are the solutions? Ford wouldn't know or care, but what do those on the site have to say?

Thats what I want to know. Is this a death sentance for a some people, or is this some extremely rare occurance?

Just wire up a relay to turn the fan on and off, they have those controllers for hot rods, why not just use one of them?

Like the article said, no shop will do it because of the liability for jury-rigging the cooling system. This is one of those times when it's good to have a "shade-tree mechanic" available.

why dont they just get the module from a junkyard.... That makes no sense the dealer I worked for would always figure away to get parts to fix a car. Then theres Jamie who could also get him the module.... Someone should go snatch that low mileage creampuff for a few hundred dollars and put a module in it.

Or the guy could fix it himself by burping the cooling system which is probably all it is. LOL.

I love mechanics that over-diagnose.

And I have one of those modules sitting in my garage. $2000 to the first taker.

Last edited:
Or the guy could fix it himself by burping the cooling system which is probably all it is. LOL.

I love mechanics that over-diagnose.

And I have one of those modules sitting in my garage. $2000 to the first taker.

They put a new rad in it so I would say they burped it... prob is the module

Last edited by a moderator:
They put a new rad in it so I would say they burped it... prob is the module
That's what happened with one of my Marks. I would also be willing to bet that depending on how much he cooked the engine, that he has a head gasket leak too. You over-heat these aluminum heads and they will suck that gasket ring in and say goodnight louie.

people spent almost 40 grand on these cars.... ford should stand behind them and continue making parts.

people spent almost 40 grand on these cars.... ford should stand behind them and continue making parts.

Im sorry, but thats funny. So they should also make parts for my 73 Mark IV? Afterall, that was an expensive car for its time at around $10k.

There has to be a cut off point. As of now, all Marks at at or older than 10 years!

same thing happened to a 90's Ols 88 I had ,

I wired a switch to it.

later my dad used the car as a trade in .... the guys at the Honda dealership never knew or said a thing .... He got top dollar for that car.

Come on they sell a kit with a temp switch that clamps to top radiator

A bit off topic, but I found out the other day that FORD only keeps OASIS records for 10 years. So, you guys with 97's and 98's, might want to pull an OASIS report on your Marks.

I had one pulled for my 98. It seems to have had the problematic Heater Blend door problem repaired, as well as the heater elements in the seats and the driver's seat motor.

I don't know if they used the updated heater blend door part, but I'll ask maxx next time I see him if he could look up the part and tell me if it's the updated one.

A bit off topic, but I found out the other day that FORD only keeps OASIS records for 10 years. So, you guys with 97's and 98's, might want to pull an OASIS report on your Marks.

I had one pulled for my 98. It seems to have had the problematic Heater Blend door problem repaired, as well as the heater elements in the seats and the driver's seat motor.

I don't know if they used the updated heater blend door part, but I'll ask maxx next time I see him if he could look up the part and tell me if it's the updated one.

yup. oasis is only available withen 10 years.

im an employee and ni cant even find info on the 2 recalls that were on my 95. i even had the field service rep get in contact with engineers at the main office(s) and they couldnt find anything on it either

Im sorry, but thats funny. So they should also make parts for my 73 Mark IV? Afterall, that was an expensive car for its time at around $10k.

There has to be a cut off point. As of now, all Marks at at or older than 10 years!

It just seems like it only took 10-12 years for ford to decide not to make certain parts for our cars (example: The :q:q:q:qing CUPHOLDER!!!) . Im sure if you had a say like 1991 camry or civic etc. you could still get every part on the car from the factory if you needed/wanted too.

I do know what your saying though Unity.

Members online

No members online now.
Back