When installing rotors on an LS do you need wheel studs?

2006kmls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got my set of Brembo discs for the LS. Do they just slide in place of the stock rotors or do the studs press into the rotors? Pep Boys quoted me $78 to install the four new Brembo drilled discs as long as they just slip on. They want more if they need all the studs pressed in.

The car only has 3000 miles on it so I'm not going to replace the pads or anything else? Just sawp out the rotors.

They just slide on, after removing couple of bolts from behind. You can do it yourself too. Very easy.

HyeLife is right; replacing the disks on the LS is a trivial task. The studs are pressed into the hub assembly; the disks float.

The biggest pain in the azz is trying to get off the retaining clips that hold on the factory rotors.

Pads bed into the rotors, I would replace the pads if I were you, even though they should have a ton of life left, but thats just me. It's your car

Yes they do. I didn't know that you were going to put drilled ones. I thought you were just replacing them.

Ken Motz said:
The drilled rotors look cool.

Does anyone know the specs of ranges that the rotors and pad (stock) on the NON-sport ls?? It's an 01, but I bought the car w/ 35K on it and now it's at 60K.... When is it a good time to replace the either the rotors or pads?

Members online

Back