Wheels & hub-centric rings....

LS4me

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After literally years of issues balancing aftermarket wheels I finally have a smooth ride. The correct size for the hub is 63.36mm. I have tried 63.4 & 63.5 and both sizes still allow a vibration. I got the correct ones here. I also have a set from Just For Tires, but they are the 63.5 size. I got the wheels from Discount (MB GTS Wheels) in 18X7 1/2 with a 45mm offset and the OD of the rings is 73mm. I won't return to Discount as they said my balance problem was two bent wheels. They were just too lazy to make sure the hardware was correct.

If you're having a vibration issue with aftermarket wheels check the centering rings. They should fit tight on the hub.

Bumping an old post, I know, but just wanted to second the value of this information. 63.36 fits perfectly on my '06s hubs.

The manufacturer (velox) lists the hub bore for my wheels at 73.1, however I was unable to find rings with those same diameters. I decided to try 73mm OD rings from Gorilla Automotive (bought on Amazon: #73-6336) and they fit just fine. I'm not sure what its like in other areas of the country but 1010tires.com shipping prices are heinous!

Running 63.34mm rings as well. Thanks for doing the leg work Mike

I need to pick up a set. I an ever so slight vibration I can feel in the wheel that's not annoying but would rather not have it. Good info!!

I'm going to get a set I have the same issue on a new pair of 20" rims I have I found it some on ebay for 14 bucks.

After literally years of issues balancing aftermarket wheels I finally have a smooth ride. The correct size for the hub is 63.36mm. I have tried 63.4 & 63.5 and both sizes still allow a vibration. I got the correct ones here. I also have a set from Just For Tires, but they are the 63.5 size. I got the wheels from Discount (MB GTS Wheels) in 18X7 1/2 with a 45mm offset and the OD of the rings is 73mm. I won't return to Discount as they said my balance problem was two bent wheels. They were just too lazy to make sure the hardware was correct.

If you're having a vibration issue with aftermarket wheels check the centering rings. They should fit tight on the hub.

I ended up with getting all those parts back from when I traded the LS in!

Great timing for this thread. I just bought some aftermarket wheels and had no clue about needing the rings. The new rims are 74.1mm outside diameter, but found some 74 x 63.36 on amazon. This site always comes through for me. Thanks everyone.

I just order some from ebay and installed them and it worked. saved me some headaches with balancing the tires. thx

Does anyone know what the proper size would be for Jaguar Senta wheels?

do Jag wheels even need them? I would think the diameter on the hub would be the same? isnt that and the perfect offset why Jag wheels are such a perfect fit?

Members online

Back