Wheel Sensors: Bolt or Snap On?

Hawk03

Dutch User
Reaction score
I am trying to order some wheel sensor from Max and there are two different kinds of sensors, a bolt on or snap on. He was unsure of which ones I would need on my LS, which is a 2000.
Has anyone replaced them on a 2000? Are they snap on or did they have a bolt to hold them in place?

Thanks!

you should probably take a look for your self, not all LS's are created equal, if you told max what year you had, adn it showed him two different parts, then both where probably used, maybe a switch mid year

My model year was too old, Ford doesn't go back that far, for him to look for parts that came from the factory.

I do plan on looking for myself but apartment life does not provide a person with the best facilities to work on cars. I'm hoping someone may provide an answer here.

pektel just did his 2000 and it was snap.

i did mine 5 weeks ago and it was snap..

pektel just did his 2000 and it was snap.

i did mine 5 weeks ago and it was snap..

Thanks for the feedback!
I will order the snap on ones and report back once I have a chance to look and install them.

+1 thanks outkast.

I have no idea which side would be bolt on. Maybe where it connects to the wheel bearing? I bought the entire wheel bearing, and it came with the wheel sensor.

How much is a wheel sensor anyway?

it does not matter what type of connection. you get a new sensor with the bearing/hub. you simply plug it into the lead near the frame and then you are done.

Right, but he is only ordering the sensor. Not the entire bearing. So in his case, it would make a difference.

Come on, man. Use some of that "common sense" you're always talking about. :p

Right, but he is only ordering the sensor. Not the entire bearing. So in his case, it would make a difference.

Come on, man. Use some of that "common sense" you're always talking about. :p

atta boy...:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back