Wheel Search

ohioLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Cant think of a better place to ask for your guys and gails opinions.
I have been really in a pinch looking for a GOOD set of 19" chrome wheels for my LS, since lowering it and doing a slotted brake rotor job, I really think its time to search for some wheels. But its tough finding a good set of chrome wheels, I dont want painted silver or polished, I want the real deal chrome wheels. Anyone on here have recomedations or pics of 19" rims would help out a lot. Also anyone have Foose rims on there LS?

-Scott-

ps Let the hunt begin for some rims!

Scott,

I'm running OZ Classe wheels that I had chrome plated by www.wheelconcepts.com. The OZ came in the silver finish so like you I wanted chrome. They charged me $115/wheel to chrome and ship back. I'd say if you can't find wheels that you like in chrome just buy them and have Wheel Concepts plate them. They do OEM plating for all car manufacturers.

If I were to search for wheels again I'd probably opt for KMC Five Chrome wheels. I've seen these in person and they look great. Here's a picture of them:

five_big.jpg

Here's a picture of my car along with a fellow LS owner. He had the 19" KMC Five's on his car and they look awesome:

NOPI%20001.jpg

Also, another great wheel that I've considered over the past is the Antera wheel. They have a great looking all chrome 5 spoke. The type 309 is my favorite:

309.jpg

You can search Antera's webiste here: http://www.antera.it/eng/base.htm

Ken,

What is the exact size that I will be looking for? 19x8........19x8.5.........19x9's?

I don't think you would want to go any wider than 8". You would have rubbing problems in the front going wider than that. Also, be aware of offset. Stock is 60mm. I wouldn't go any less than 32-35mm as this can create more rubbing problems especially if you have lowered your car.

Really DAMN IT!

I would love to own some Foose wheels!

-Scott-

I love Foose wheels but he doesn't offer many selections in 18" or 19". They are all 20" and larger. He's more for show than go! However, I've heard that if you email them and specify a particular brand they could possibly make the size you want. Of course I heard this at another car site but haven't verified it. I'm sure it would cost more but how cool are those Foose wheels?

Another alternative is HRE Wheels. They'll custom build a set of wheels in any spec you want. However, you pay for that type of customization. I looked at these before buying my OZ wheels. They quoted me $1,000/wheel. That was a little steep for my pockets but they have some of the nicest wheels around. You can check their site here:

http://www.hrewheels.com/welcome/

Yeah been to there a couple months ago and about feel over when I saw there prices per wheel. They advertise in Road&Track in the back so I thought they might be reasonable ummmmmmmm WRONG. Oh well I might try to see what Foose 19 x 8's would cost me I love his raw since of design. But there again I might be paying for the name if anything. I am on a mission to find the perfect wheel. HAHA Thanks Ken!

-Scott-

No problem! I've been down that road before and may be going down it again very soon!

GrayGhost1 said:
Scott,

I'm running OZ Classe wheels that I had chrome plated by www.wheelconcepts.com. The OZ came in the silver finish so like you I wanted chrome. They charged me $115/wheel to chrome and ship back. I'd say if you can't find wheels that you like in chrome just buy them and have Wheel Concepts plate them. They do OEM plating for all car manufacturers.

If I were to search for wheels again I'd probably opt for KMC Five Chrome wheels. I've seen these in person and they look great. Here's a picture of them:

five_big.jpg

Here's a picture of my car along with a fellow LS owner. He had the 19" KMC Five's on his car and they look awesome:

NOPI%20001.jpg

Also, another great wheel that I've considered over the past is the Antera wheel. They have a great looking all chrome 5 spoke. The type 309 is my favorite:

309.jpg

You can search Antera's webiste here: http://www.antera.it/eng/base.htm
Ken, the more I look at your car, the more I like it. Its really a sexy looking car with all the work you've obviously put into it. Someday, I have plans to do some cosmetic modifications for my car once I get it paid off. But yeah, I have to give you props for your car.......plus I'm kind of partial to the color as its my favorite. When I was in the market for a new car (I still have a 85 Mustang GT convertible) I was looking at a newer Mustang GT or a Lincoln in the gray metallic.....just a gorgeous color and I always get compliments on it. Its kind of weird because most everyone always says something like, "wow, that is a nice car and I love the color!) If you want, you can take a look at my car in my profile........its pretty stock yet, but someday it will get some flare. I was thinking toward the end of the summer I would start adding some customizations and would love to hear your input. Thanks!
Dan

DLS8K said:
Ken, the more I look at your car, the more I like it. Its really a sexy looking car with all the work you've obviously put into it. Someday, I have plans to do some cosmetic modifications for my car once I get it paid off. But yeah, I have to give you props for your car.......plus I'm kind of partial to the color as its my favorite. When I was in the market for a new car (I still have a 85 Mustang GT convertible) I was looking at a newer Mustang GT or a Lincoln in the gray metallic.....just a gorgeous color and I always get compliments on it. Its kind of weird because most everyone always says something like, "wow, that is a nice car and I love the color!) If you want, you can take a look at my car in my profile........its pretty stock yet, but someday it will get some flare. I was thinking toward the end of the summer I would start adding some customizations and would love to hear your input. Thanks!
Dan
Thanks Dan! I've really enjoyed working on it and I will agree that the Midnight Grey is gorgeous. Like you, I get numerous folks asking me what color it is. I hesitated for a while thinking I didn't want to put a body kit on it but the LSE body kit with that color gets so many head turns. So, you might think about a body kit whether it be the LSE, Wings West or Razzi.

However, it's all up to you really. Ask what do you like and what do you want it to look like. Wheels are a huge statement when it comes to any car so a good choice there will give you more ideas for later.

Love it all 3 or us have the same color LSs. Its by far the 50% why I bought the car was cause the color was something I have not seen around here. Same here everyone loves the looks and always ask about the color. Believe me DLS8K once you get your first items of off LSK you will never stop. By the way Ken any word on the clear turn signal side marker lenses? Thanks!

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
By the way Ken any word on the clear turn signal side marker lenses? Thanks!

-Scott-
I just sent them another round of originals this past week. I'm hoping by the end of May to have them. They are needing business so turnaround should be quick.

Members online

No members online now.
Back