Wheel questions

mafioso

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know its been asked before but on a 20x8.5 wheel what is the threshold on offset? before it rubs every where and makes a mess of things. and do our wheels need to be FWD or RWD?

A 20x8.5 wheel with a +35 to +38mm offset will work perfect with a 255-35-20 or 245-35-20. The +45 offsets work well for the Lincoln LS's but they will get into the spindle on the inside on 93-98 Marks.

The closer you get to +35 the more you need to watch the width of the tires as it will hit the rear fender lip too, especially on a lowered car...

since mine is about to get cut up I wanted to make sure Im not going to hit the spindle and or the knuckle.

I have to cut out under the fender and re enforce the fender with round tube stock.

the back layed out has so much camber I need to cut the exsisting wheel well where it meets the top and bend that section towards the center of the car and re patch that section.

the back layed out has so much camber I need to cut the exsisting wheel well where it meets the top and bend that section towards the center of the car and re patch that section.

Cut it up into three or five sections to be safe I'd say. Cutting all at once might get out of hand. I don't understand why you're hitting there though. I slammed mine and rolled the lips, and the camber isn't so negative anymore when 'layed out'.. then again, you might actually be laid out eh. My subframe mounts haven't touched the pavement, but they're real close. I can roll the car as low as it goes without that section rubbing the tire.

I went to three alignment shops before I found one with someone who wasn't so f'g stupid. The first three said my rear alignment couldn't be adjusted. Clearly the eccentrics are there, and I corrected my camber so far that the picture below.... has no negative camber. that's the stance I drive with.

I'm running a 275 40 18 BFG also. What size tire are you running?!.

Good luck.

I think Im taking the title as the lowest Mark here, on 245/65/16s the pinch welds touch pavement all the way around. If I have 0psi in the bags I can leave it in drive and the car doesnt move. the rear tires dig themselves into the sides of the wheel tubs which is why I need to cut them at the corner where they meet the top and bend out and patch up the wheel tub.

nope, I made a little square cut out so the ball joint can pass through the body, Im not having an issue yet since the 20's I have will not work.

They are 20x9 ET+15 RWD I think there will be rubbing issues all the way around, or I will need a very meaty spacer to make those work.

I was told they were +35 20x8.5 FWD

If anyone can confirm this please let me know if they will fit.

Ugh. Yeah, on a 9" wheel you need +36, If I remember correctly. Whatever I have for offset is what you need, they're brads wheels, (baggedtaco here on the board) overall diameter doesn't matter for inside outside fitment of course, but I know I couldn't fit a 9" wheel on my car with as low as I am (and I'm not as low as you) if I didn't have this exact offset. Send brad a pm, he's friendly and helpful and would definately know better than anybody.

If you get a 9" wheel to tuck enough to lay out, please post an informative thread or remember to pm me if you would. In the future I'm looking to lay out on a 9" and need to know if it's worth the trouble (and what needs to be done) depending on what overall tire diameter you figure out will for sure work. Even if you do it with 20's the information will still be helpful to me. I'd really appreciate it.

Members online

Back