Wheel Offset

godspunk32

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello-
I'm new to the forum, and I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have questions about the wheel offset on the 2000 LS with 16" rims.

I own a Mercury Sable, which has a 5x108mm bolt pattern, and +42mm wheel offset. I've seen conflicting reports that the offset of the LS is either +40 or +60 mm. Tirerack even shows 16" rims for the LS as having a +40mm offset. So which is it? I'm trying to buy a set of 16" rims from a 2000 LS, and I'm not sure if the offset is correct.

Thanks,
JR

godspunk32 said:
Hello-
I'm new to the forum, and I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have questions about the wheel offset on the 2000 LS with 16" rims.

I own a Mercury Sable, which has a 5x108mm bolt pattern, and +42mm wheel offset. I've seen conflicting reports that the offset of the LS is either +40 or +60 mm. Tirerack even shows 16" rims for the LS as having a +40mm offset. So which is it? I'm trying to buy a set of 16" rims from a 2000 LS, and I'm not sure if the offset is correct.

Thanks,
JR

Stock offset is +60mm, but you can get away with offsets as low as +35 depending on the wheel width & Tire combination. +35 moves the center line of your wheel to the outside 25mm (closer to the lip of your wheel well). Try experimenting with the calculator at http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Damn...I'm not looking to play around or anything, I just wanted the tires to bolt right up, and +60 mm offset is way too much for my car. The tires will be rubbing the struts.

Thanks...

JR

You should be able to use any offset up to about 35mm and not have any problems. Mine is currently at 38mm with 8mm hub-centric rings. My wheels are flush with the fenders.

Members online

Back