Wheel math, help needed

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok.... math stuffs Im not sure how to do correctly

current wheel has way to fat a tire on it. I am getting new wheels that will be better suited for fat tires. here is what I am looking at though

current wheel
7.5 x 45 offset

current tire
275 ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!

no rubbing, good fit, just WAY to wide a tire for that skinny rim. oh and they are a 30 series too so imagine trying to get them onto the rim :cool:

new rim
9 x 36 offset.

Obviously the wheel movement is easy. 10mm less clearance on the inside while the outer edge pokes out an additional 28mm. The question is, my tires are over 10" wide..... how do I figure them into the equation?

Do I take the 7.5 inches or 190.5mm and then add half of the difference to my 275 and see how far they stick out. If that is the case then I have roughly 42mm on each side of the wheel that is taken up by tire and the new wheels will fit no problem.

oh and for tire size if it helps.... 275/40 R18 back is what I am going with instead of my 275/30 R20

Hyelife is always good at this stuff. I've never owned a car that you had to be so careful with offset, I guess part of the LS experience.;)

LJ, the over all diameter is only a few 100ths off. Im dropping 2" in wheel diameter

Members online

No members online now.
Back