Wheel hub bearing preference

soundwaves454

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've done my research and have a pretty good idea on the tools I'll need to replace them and the procedure to do so. Hopefully doesn't become a brute force job. Anyhow, I haven't yet purchased them. I wanted to ask you guys, what are the quality differences between the Timkin and Moog brands. Has anybody ever used both? Any input would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

I went with Timken as they are made in the US and Moog are made in China. That's a n0-brainer for me! Timken has also been making bearings for well over 100 years!

TIMKEN

Mine were made in Spain:

DSC_1209.JPG

I went with Timken as they are made in the US and Moog are made in China. That's a n0-brainer for me! Timken has also been making bearings for well over 100 years!

Agreed. Also, that's SKF not Timken in the pic above, in case it was overlooked.

I don't know if we suffer the same deal, but the guys at NAPA said to buy the more expensive hub assy. for the wife's '02 Explorer as the cheaper ones were going out in under a year...

SKF is about the best bearing make I've ran across as an industrial mechanic. MRC might be a distant second but they cost about half.

Timken is usually just cone bearings so it makes sense that they sourced the roller bearings from SKF.

Members online

Back