Wheel Bearing??

TwansLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i recently been hearing a humming/ vibration/ sounds like i can hear a bike way off in the distance or something yo ukno??... i think its a wheel bearing ...its not there while stoped or driving slow it usually starts around 25-30+ ...i was reading some threads about this and some said they would replace thier wheel bearing and the sound didnt go away so idk anyone got some input?? :shifty:

my font pass side is going to :q:q:q:q. AGAIN. i replaced it less than a year ago. when i go over bumps it sounds like metal on metal. only from that side. i am trying to find some after market ones because im sick of this junk ford oem :q:q:q:q. i will never ever buy another ford

cheers

well..hahah...ummm yea mine aint soundin that bad it is the front passenger side tho i think
...just a humming noise when cruisin...really annoying tho and i hope its only the wheel bearing if thats what it is...

Sounds about like a wheel bearing to me. Take the wheels off and spin each side by hand. Put one of the lugs back on and hand tighten it to keep the rotor from sliding around because that will cause excess noise when its spinning.

Slow 5 spd, does it make the sound ONLY when you go over bumps?

I say start with the easiest stuff first. You've probably already done it, but check the tire wear and wheel balance first. I've got a tire that has an odd wear pattern on it that causes vibrations similar to a wheel bearing. So now I get the pleasure of purposely causing additional tire wear so that I can get another set. :D

its more than likely a wheel bearing issue. the outer tie rod ends could also cause this problem but not as bad as bearings. my 2000 has 105k on it and i have replaced the sway bar and bushings, sway bar links, outer tie rod ends, rear adjustment links, front lower ball joints, and i just replaced all my wheel bearings this weekend....for the second time. the factory designed suspension is a decent design (could be better) and my 19" 35 series tires give the suspension a beating, especially in the corners. but hey..... i love my lincoln
2934897_21.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934897/1

my 19" 35 series tires give the suspension a beating, especially in the corners. but hey..... i love my lincoln

#1 reason i dont want to put rims on my car. suspension is shot but still tight. i know if i threw some rims on there the thing would literally fall apart. i know most of you guys love your ls. but from now on, if i can find aftermarket parts at a reasonable price thats what im going with. ive always ordered all my parts from team ford. they have great prices, excellent customer service and quick shipping but constantly replacing these parts have been my downfall with fomoco.

hite337 where did you get the lower tie rods and i see that you replaced the lower joint (the part that the bottom of the knuckle sits on) how much were the parts?

jrk042385, i got the ball joints on ebay from Euromarque....great seller...they were about $75 each. i think you can get a discount if you buy both as a kit. i bought the outer tie rod ends at parts.com for about $40 each. i took the control arm off and ford pressed it for $20
2934897_11.jpg

the dealer pressed the ball joints for $20 each. the tie rod ends i installed myself....just to clarify

Members online

No members online now.
Back