Wheel bearing/hub assy

suicidal66

LVC Member
Reaction score
Im seeing about 6 different brand hub assy's on Rock Auto ranging in price from $65 to $ 144 or I can one from Ford for $147. Just wondering what luck you guys have had with any of these or if anyone has any advice on which direction to head??

Thanks

I had 3 sets of Motorcraft. Set that came on car failed at 30k or so. Dealer replaced under warnt. These failed while car still under 50k and dealer replaced. This set failed at 85k and replaced with the MTF($144 Rock Auto). I believe they have a 100k warnt. I dont understand why Motorcraft fails, no suspension or alignment problems. I would not use them.

I had 3 sets of Motorcraft. Set that came on car failed at 30k or so. Dealer replaced under warnt. These failed while car still under 50k and dealer replaced. This set failed at 85k and replaced with the MTF($144 Rock Auto). I believe they have a 100k warnt. I dont understand why Motorcraft fails, no suspension or alignment problems. I would not use them.

What wheels are you using? I believe my bearings failed early as I had the wrong centering rings (THANKS Discount Tire :mad:) and the ensuing vibration over-stressed the bearings causing them to fail.

That said I went with Moog bearings. I got them from Advance Auto Parts for ~$235 shipped. IIRC, the warranty is 3 years.

Went through 3 sets of Duralast (autozone) brand. They would fail every 5k or so. Ended up settling with Motorcraft, and have put about 40,000 on my current set with no issues.

I'd go with Moog. I have a bunch of Ford guys where I work and they swear by Moog. Timken makes a good rear diff rebuild kit though.

Im going with Moog once make sure I need them, Ive been chasing a some weird scrapish noice on the drivers side...

Members online

No members online now.
Back