Wheel and Tire Info

klutch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I am gonna be honest here I know pretty much NOTHING about wheels and tires I have no idea what offset I need bolt pattern what the different numbers mean on tires I am looking for some though but obviously I dont know which will fit can someone point in the right direction to learn about tires and wheels? or explain some maybe? I was looking at these http://www.mhtwheels.com/gallery_vehicle.cfm?brand=5&id=16 no idea if they will fit though. btw they will be going on a Gen 2 Mark 8 Thanks for any help!

Sweet this is also my 100th post :invasion:

go to tirerack.com for good information on tires. the key items on a tire are treadwear, temperature and traction. The higher the number on treadwear the longer life you'll get. I always look for 400+, temperature you want is A rated,,,that is a tire which can take the heat! better yet high performance AA temps. Traction B or better. Speed rating on tires you can find at tire rack. If you're going for speed get the higher rated tires with cap plies for less high speed distortion. Keith

tire & wheel fitment

klutch said:
Ok I am gonna be honest here I know pretty much NOTHING about wheels and tires I have no idea what offset I need bolt pattern what the different numbers mean on tires I am looking for some though but obviously I dont know which will fit can someone point in the right direction to learn about tires and wheels? or explain some maybe? I was looking at these http://www.mhtwheels.com/gallery_vehicle.cfm?brand=5&id=16 no idea if they will fit though. btw they will be going on a Gen 2 Mark 8 Thanks for any help!

Sweet this is also my 100th post :invasion:
As far as fitment goes, the dealers will let you know what will and will not fit your car (unless you customized the fender area). If they make a mistake, and you crash, then its their liability. Keith

215 is the width of the tire
70 is how tall the tire is
and of course 15 is the size of the wheel

Last but not least. Can someone explain wheel offset? then im set to go shopping :D

Here is a good site for Size Comparison...
Drop in your stock size and they will tell you the exact size you can
goto in 17" or 18" wheels... Feel free to PM me with questions. I've
kinda become a tire/wheel expert over the past few years.

Jamler3 said:
Here is a good site for Size Comparison...
Drop in your stock size and they will tell you the exact size you can
goto in 17" or 18" wheels... Feel free to PM me with questions. I've
kinda become a tire/wheel expert over the past few years.

Where is the site? lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back