What's Wrong With Keeping It Stock?

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is for the guys like myself who love their Marks and want to keep them pretty much stock. I'm for some gradual mods, like exhausts, cold air induction, things like that. Last week, I had to buy tires, and I was torn between going with a wider tire, or to keep it stock. I ask you guys here, everyone pretty much encouraged me to get 245/50/16's. I was seriously leaning that way. After a lot of thought, I decided to stay with the factory size. I went with Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread. Let me say, these tires are excellent. I just came back from a gambling trip to Louisiana. I averaged 115mph during certain stretches, and it was flawless. It started to rain here in Houston, and I went right through it with an average of 60mph, and no worries of hydroplaning or loosing control. I have to say I am totally satisfied. My plans for my Mark is for it to be unsuspecting, and have the ability to get up on down the road when I need to. And that's what it does for me.

GMAN​
*owned* :L

GMAN, I have goodyear Triple Tred Assurance tires as well and couldn't be MORE happier. These tires STICK to the road. no matter what I've driven in.. Rain, Snow, Dry, Mud, you name it... And mine are QUIET!!!!!!!!!!! I'm upgrading to 17" wheels in the future and while EVERYONE is buying all the other tires, i think that I'm going to stick w/ the assurance tires.. I'd rather have QUIETNESS than anything else..

How quiet are yours?

GMAN said:
Ok, this is for the guys like myself who love their Marks and want to keep them pretty much stock.

Damn Bro ...
That post brought a tear to my OldSchool eyes!
Thank you.

OldSchool5 still has the stock tire on her from Wixom, Michigan April 23, 1988

LBK_LS said:
GMAN, I have goodyear Triple Tred Assurance tires as well and couldn't be MORE happier. These tires STICK to the road. no matter what I've driven in.. Rain, Snow, Dry, Mud, you name it... And mine are QUIET!!!!!!!!!!! I'm upgrading to 17" wheels in the future and while EVERYONE is buying all the other tires, i think that I'm going to stick w/ the assurance tires.. I'd rather have QUIETNESS than anything else..

How quiet are yours?

My ride is oh so quiet. I love the triple treads. I hope they stay with them for a long time to come.

I second the motion

These cars are basically so wonderful I don't understand the reason for some of the mods I see on this forum. I love them so much I have two of them. The black '94 is fast and beautiful with 117K miles and still going strong. I also stuck with the 16" tires but chose Bridgestone Turanzas which are ideal. They handle great and have much better wet and dry traction than the Michelins. I didn't like the original rims so I got a set of chrome directionals from a '98 LSC which maintains the original look. The Gen I Mark looks awesome with these. I bought this car in 1996 with 20K miles on the clock.

In October I found a "98 Collector's Edition with 49K and couldn't resist. Aside from tinting the windows it's all original in its cordovan glory.

Sifrino3 said:
Those rims are not stock!
:eek2:
me-->
slap.gif
<-- you

Members online

No members online now.
Back