What's up with Tasca??

myfirstlincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanna order some parts but when I go to Tasca and put in 2003 and Lincoln, selecting "LS" is not even an option anymore...Is this car getting too old for them to leave it on their site? Anyone else notice this?

If I search the specific part number, it shows they obviously still have parts, but I can't seem to find the catalog. Maybe I'm just an idiot.

No it's a browser issue. Try using a different browser and ford parts giant has great prices too. Car manufactures are required to make replacement parts for 2006 so we have until 2016 before we need to start worrying.

...Car manufactures are required to make replacement parts for 2006 so we have until 2016 before we need to start worrying.

Not true. Just try to buy a intermediate steering shaft for an 06, or a damper pulley, or damper pulley bolt, or ...

Not true. Just try to buy a intermediate steering shaft for an 06, or a damper pulley, or damper pulley bolt, or ...

Beat me to it.

I don't see how they can be allowed to stop making a part for a car that's only six years old.

Yeah well I read somewhere parts are supposed to be made for 10 years.

That was my understanding as well.

My father bought a 1980 F150 new. Three or four years later, one of the AC hoses ruptured. We couldn't buy a replacement anywhere. They had already stopped making them.

The only legal requirement they have that I know of is for the dealer to be able (one way or another) to fix the car while it is in warranty.

I guess that makes sense. I find it pathetic that a company wouldn't support one of their cars for at least 10 years or so. I guess that's what happens when you use parts unique to just one model.

There are no laws that a manufacturer has to supply replacement parts with the exception of emissions. Once production of a model is finished typically ALL of the manufacturers will order from the suppliers enough stock to cover the warranty period from last vehicle built plus a percentage. After that, parts are typically not purchased from the OE supplier unless it is a high profit item.

Parts sitting in a warehouse waiting for someone to buy them, especially when they are in possible competition with aftermarket companies, is money better used elsewhere for any business. If you think it's hard to get parts for out of production vehicles you should try to get things for kitchen appliances.

Members online

No members online now.
Back