Whats this??

I’ve seen this Mk Vll gold in color around town numerous times. Well today I pulled over and introduced myself. He was working on some ladies car, but once he seen my ride he took some time off from the work he was doing. He said that he too has been wanting to stop me and shoot the :q:q:q:q about our rides. We swapped numbers. Good for me huh!!

Anyways I asked this forum if anyone knew what this little doohickey was mounted behind the grill. I was told it’s the temperature sensor for the overhead display or it’s the Outside Air Temperature Sensor. Are they the same? I don’t have any problems with the Air conditioner or with the temp controls.

This guy I met Mike says it is for warming up the coils in the Radiator. It takes a certain piece of equipment or a devise which supplies electricity to the coils to protect the Radiator from freezing, and keeps the freeze plugs from blowing. Makes sense to me.

Does the 1990 Mk Vll LSC come with this feature?

The part I’m talking about has two wires going to it. It also has two male connectors which are recessed inside nearly 1 inch deep. The diameter is about ½ inch. Sounds as though that may be the female end huh. The part is actually two pieces because the other end of it plugs into it. (which makes it one complete piece right) Unless the end that plugs into it and faces the front of the car is just Fords way of confusing idiots like me. Couldn’t the forward piece of this electrical part just be a cap to protect the male connectors ends of the first half of this electrical part? I don’t see how this could be a sensor because it is nothing but a hard flat surface made of plastic.

Maybe it could be the connector that supplies power to an Electric Fan.

Members online

No members online now.
Back