whats this 02 worth?

eeprete

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've found a very clean 02 LS, medium grey metallic, one owner, clean carfax, however it's got 62K on the odometer. I checked everywhere on the car. No evidence of oil leakage around the VC gaskets, and no rust to speak of. A couple of minor nicks (very minor), but overall a pretty clean car. IS this too high of mileage? Seems like its been well maintained and was a detective's personal car.

The dealer gave me a number that seemed like a real good price. Under 14, however they steamrolled me on my trade, after they ran my carfax... IT seems my car has an accident on record that wasn't there when I ran my carfax when I bought it three years ago.

i got my 02 for 17K with 45K miles, it was in about same condition as the one u said u found... but it ended up being 22K with bank

2002_LS_V8 said:
i got my 02 for 17K with 45K miles, it was in about same condition as the one u said u found... but it ended up being 22K with bank

When did you buy your 02?

mine was $12,500 for a 2001 V8 non-sport with 62,000....it was in great shape both inside and out but it need the valve covers replaced along with some coils

eeprete said:
I've found a very clean 02 LS, medium grey metallic, one owner, clean carfax, however it's got 62K on the odometer. I checked everywhere on the car. No evidence of oil leakage around the VC gaskets, and no rust to speak of. A couple of minor nicks (very minor), but overall a pretty clean car. IS this too high of mileage? Seems like its been well maintained and was a detective's personal car.

The dealer gave me a number that seemed like a real good price. Under 14, however they steamrolled me on my trade, after they ran my carfax... IT seems my car has an accident on record that wasn't there when I ran my carfax when I bought it three years ago.

That's about normal miles for a '02, no discount for high mileage. Need to know V6 or V8 and options. Try putting it into Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com) and see what it says.

I just paid 11k for my 02 V6 w/ 28k miles on it about 3 weeks ago. It is in mint condition and has the sport package on it with the 17" chrome wheels and spoiler and sun roof. Black with black leather.

i got my 02 for 17K with 45K miles, it was in about same condition as the one u said u found

geesh, i'd be happy to get $18k for my '03 V8 with 38k miles.

An '02 with that 62k miles? $14k is about right.

I got my 02 LSE for 17K with 35k miles on it. hoepfully this will help you figure out your price

lloydrage said:
I got my 02 LSE for 17K with 35k miles on it. hoepfully this will help you figure out your price

that would depend on when you bought it. He's talking V8, anyway. Yours is a V6, which doesn't come close to V8 prices. I hate to say it, but if you paid $17k recently for a V6, unless you live in Canada, you got jacked.

Smokey said:
I guess I am SOL trying to get $20K for mine with 36K on it then. :(

There's nothing wrong with trying.

However, I paid $20k for mine 7 months ago, and it is certified.

Qbrozen said:
that would depend on when you bought it. He's talking V8, anyway. Yours is a V6, which doesn't come close to V8 prices. I hate to say it, but if you paid $17k recently for a V6, unless you live in Canada, you got jacked.

actually the way it worked with my trade in a banked. You see my previous car was in a flood. thats right it actually floated down the :q:q:q:qing street. In KBB it was 7000. They gave me 9,500 trade in thats 2500 over book plus my damn car was in a flood.

The LSe has a clean record and was a steal (one owner and I knew the owner, an older couple)

So I got one hella of a deal

lloydrage said:
actually the way it worked with my trade in a banked. You see my previous car was in a flood. thats right it actually floated down the :q:q:q:qing street. In KBB it was 7000. They gave me 9,500 trade in thats 2500 over book plus my damn car was in a flood.

The LSe has a clean record and was a steal (one owner and I knew the owner, an older couple)

So I got one hella of a deal

Well, hell, if that's the case, I certainly wouldn't go around saying I paid $17k for the car. If the book on your trade was $7k, that means it was probably worth all of $2k after the flood (maybe less). So they gave you at least $7k overallowance on it. I think you should say you paid $10k for your LSE. ;)

Qbrozen said:
Well, hell, if that's the case, I certainly wouldn't go around saying I paid $17k for the car. If the book on your trade was $7k, that means it was probably worth all of $2k after the flood (maybe less). So they gave you at least $7k overallowance on it. I think you should say you paid $10k for your LSE. ;)

thats a great way of looking at it.

I was actually out of town my car was flooded but my wife was driving it. I saw that :q:q:q:q on the news it was crazy. She was fnie just got scared. My car floated for about 15 feet then got hung up on a curb.

I loved that car but I new I had to get rid of it

They gave you 9500 on a flood car? Geez....

I have a clean 00 black Mustang GT convertible with just over 40K on the odometer and they are only offering me 9300 on trade. Retail on the car is 14K and there are dealers still selling 00 droptop GT's for 16K.

I was asking 14K and I've got new rims and $700 in tires just put on it. Anyone around NY/LI want to buy a Mustang???

My LS v8 premium was 21,995 back in Dec. of '04 w/ 28K, after trade in it was like 24 or so. Kind of a rip but after all the other tries I got this one so I was happy. I am trying to get rid of it right now though, its just 39K now and I owe low 19's. I do not see it going anywhere but if it does not than its not a big deal, only interested buyers are the parents, they love the car more than I do and that is quite impossible lol.

Members online

Back