Whats the spray you can use on your car after you wash it to shine it?

Aviation

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
sometimes the soap and water can leave a little more shine to be desired

i know they use some sort of spray after the wash as well to wipe it off and really shine it up...anyone know what its called?

can i get it at wal mart? if not, where?

Yea and there is another thing called wax lol, seems to shine up the car really good and protects the finish.

well im not trying to wax my car every single time i wash it

im trying to give it a lil more shine after the wash, better then the water does it

so its just, auto spray detailer of some sort then?

I use meguires spray detailer and meguires spray wax in between regular waxing. The spray wax is a spray on-wipe off, and it does a good job and its easy to work with. I buy it at auto zone.

once you have a good coat of polish and wax on the body you shouldn`t really need anything spray on. i usually wax about once maybe once a month and a complete strip with dawn then polish and wax maybe every 3 months(depending on the weather in your state). after that, i just use water to wash then dry with a microfiber towel then go over it one more tim with a completely dry microfiber cloth. and i cant complain with the results, but if you definitely need a spray on, try TURTLEWAX ICE.

lincpics5.JPG

Yeah but you live in a very nice place..:D Actually this stuff is designed for doing it in between wax job's and it does work very well, some say ICE is bad but I use it and its great! I have a silver car and I never see any yellowing.

I used Maguire's NTX and that stuff ain't that great, I always found layers upon layers of pollen stuck to my car. With the ICE it blew right off as soon as I got up to speed.

Also with the NTX you must use it in very cool conditions or it dries fast and leaves nasty swirls and streaks that are a pain to get off. I have already left ICE on another car I used to own and it did no harm and was not visible at all.

yes, i went through a whole bottle of the ice. i do think it works great. i have some pics that i took after using it too. pretty shiny. it dosent dry with that whitey power either if i am remembering right, its almost clear when it dries.

sometimes the soap and water can leave a little more shine to be desired

i know they use some sort of spray after the wash as well to wipe it off and really shine it up...anyone know what its called?

can i get it at wal mart? if not, where?

You are looking for a spray detailer, such as Meguiar's Quik Detailer. You can get it at Walmart or any auto supply store.

I've also used ICE, and it works good for me. I have found that by spreading it on very thin, it seams to shine better, and definately removes better, when you dont apply it liberally.

I've been using Mother's California Gold for a little over a year and it's fantastic.

The myth about the Ice Turtle Wax containing silicone is true, but it doesn't cause the clearcoat to turn yellow. Silicone is an important part of a lot of products to protect your paint.

Members online

No members online now.
Back