what's the p.c.d?

Limey

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What is the p.c.d. of the wheels on the Mark VII? Is it the same as the new Mustangs?

Sorry. PCD stands for pitch circle diameter and is the engineering term for the 'stud pattern' or 'bolt circle'. I.e. Chevy is 4.75 inches on a 5-stud.
Which Mustang wheels will fit then?

Most SN95 rims fit, although most of them require some form of work to get the fronts to sit properly on the hub. Cobra R's will bolt up without modification, though.

Oh.
Us Lincoln owners call that the offset.

Thanks for teaching me a new term!

1258_tb.jpg

John "White-&-Nerdy" Dancy

OldSchool1 said:
Oh.
Us Lincoln owners call that the offset.

Thanks for teaching me a new term!

1258_tb.jpg

John "White-&-Nerdy" Dancy

Er, nope! The offset is the difference between the wheels radial centreline and the mounting face. Also called the "e.t." (nothing to do with small aliens).

Pcd is the 'bolt pattern' eg: 4.5" Fords, 4.75" Chevy, 5" Mopar, etc...

bufordtpisser said:
Only the Mark VII owners. Us Mark VIII know what offset is.(LOL)
<OldSchool rolls up a newspaper>
Don't make me discipline you whipper snapper!
Offset
psd
lsd
They all make us roll down the street with a smile.
<Puts away the Peace Maker>

I've always referred to "offset" as backspacing. Much different than bolt pattern.

They are two different ways of explaining the same thing.
'Offset' is the distance between the wheel centreline and the wheel mounting face.
'Backspace' is the distance between the wheel mounting face and the inner edge of the wheel rim.

If both the wheel width and the ET (offset) are known, then the backspace can be calculated.
If the width and backspace are known, then the ET can be calculated.
:)

Limey said:
They are two different ways of explaining the same thing.
'Offset' is the distance between the wheel centreline and the wheel mounting face.
'Backspace' is the distance between the wheel mounting face and the inner edge of the wheel rim.

If both the wheel width and the ET (offset) are known, then the backspace can be calculated.
If the width and backspace are known, then the ET can be calculated.
:)
Thanks. May I quote you?

Love your car.

Members online

Back