What's the best ls model for an engine swap?

Thank you Sid, I'll take all the help i can get. I did find a yard online that has an ls manual on their lot. (Had a pic of the interior) Going to give them a call in morning. Not sure how often they update their inventory online car might not even be there anymore.

I think one of my engine choices for a swap would be a 4.6 dohc out a '03-'05 lincoln aviator. /QUOTE]

this would be at the top of my list for choices, but it would probably be the most difficult as to how close the fit is.

an Aluminator or even better a Terminator and a T56 mag would probably be my dream LS. but I haven't counted out starting with a 6.0 LS2 due to the simplicity of the motor and how easy it is to just make mad power with them! if I did have quite a lot of cash to spend, I really wouldn't mind a LSA or even a LS7, but once were talking about that kind of cash, it would be silly to not just start with a CTS-V and not having to deal with all the BS just attempting to get it working halfway... then I could go straight to enjoying it and putting time and money into making into making it even faster.

For what it's worth, there are aftermarket pedal sets readily available. If I were contemplating a swap to a stickshift that would be the approach I'd take. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to explore this subject with you.

KS

For what it's worth, there are aftermarket pedal sets readily available. If I were contemplating a swap to a stickshift that would be the approach I'd take. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to explore this subject with you.

KS

Putting in a clutch assembly isn't too difficult. I'll have to take some pics some day, but if I recall, there is a punch out already in the firewall with a cover plate. (At least on S-types.) In my case, I used a Corvette Master cylinder assembly, then I found a clutch pedal with pivot housing and aligned it up to the master cylinder rod, machined an adapter plate, and voila! instant clutch pedal. Two things I didn't like.
1. My brake pedal is a bit wide for a car with a clutch, and it is easy to catch your shoe on the LH side of the brake pedal. Someday I will have to cut off some of the LH side of the brake foot pedal.
2. It took a lot of time to remove the windshield wiper assembly and the upper rear cross member below the windshield and above the back of the engine. Bolts were frozen and all but one broke off.

At the same time, I installed a Camaro master cylinder assembly and vacuum booster. I wanted to match up with the GM ABS/TCS module and sensors on the brake and clutch pedals.

I also installed a GM by wire accelerator pedal. It fit nicely inside on the firewall. The spacing of the accelerator and brake pedal ended up being pretty good for heal and toe downshifting.

Here's an interesting update, i found a pedal assembly and the price isn't bad. But... After I asked how much to ship it me, guy asks where I'm located, so i told me him michigan. His reply is I'm not going to ship anything to michigan and hangs up the phone. Wtf does that mean? it's not like I'm trying to get it shipped to a different country or the part is huge or extremely heavy. So i looked up their corporate office number and contacted them about the issue, by then it was with in a half hour of closing time so they took my info and said they would contact me back tomorrow once they look into the situation. So I'll have to call them again mid day tomorrow. I can already this is going to be an uphill battle

I have never had anyone refuse to ship me anything...

sounds like a case of mitten discrimination!

Michigan? Didn't we sell that state to China or Canada? Don't recall Michigan as being one of the 49 states in the USA.

Honestly. This car is a breeze to work on. And if you shop parts online.. relatively inexpensive as well. Not many rear drive V8 sedans with such a perfect weight distribution and CG location. I have had all the problems, and I mean every single one of them (Coils,cooling fan,ac,suspension,pwr steering, brakes, windows, misc electrical..) I have shopped my parts after researching this website in fact almost every time. Having a little knowledge in the garage myself, this site allows me to own this badass car. I have had plenty of vehicles that were probably much better cars overall. Although the fastest thing I ever owned before was a 2001 Corvette. This car represents Ford refusing to let GM have all the fun with rear drive midsize sedans. Not to mention Lincoln is more in the way of luxury than Cadillac. Compared to my old lady's CTS .

Members online

No members online now.
Back