Whats happening people???

97LTCSS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Yo whats up, my names ralph, i have a 97 towncar...i roll on nothing but 13x7 wire wheels, so don't hate...i keep my ride real clean so check it out before you start knocking the style...give it a chance first...peace!!!

:L

heres a couple a snaps of her...enjoy

254496_93_full.jpg

254496_90_full.jpg

let me know what you think, aight!!! peace...

To each his own. I've never personally liked small wheels like that on a larger car. What does that do to the ride of the car and the wear and tear on your suspension? BTW, welcome!

Actually, smaller wheels have just the opposite effect on suspension/steering load that those HUGE wheels (that many people install) do. It's actually easier on the componentry. The ride quality is more affected by the tire aspect ratio than the overall diameter so it may or may not be degraded by the use of these wheel/tire combinations. The only real down-side (besides the looks ;))is that the decreased circumference of the tire will increase bearing rotation RPMs per MPH, and overall drivetrain speed per MPH.

Katshot said:
Actually, smaller wheels have just the opposite effect on suspension/steering load that those HUGE wheels
The only reason I thought this was because I've seen similar setup like this and when they hit bumps they bottom out because of how low they are and because it looks like the wheels bow inwards ( at the top, hard to explain without pics).

That should affect the suspension that way at all. Smaller wheels will cause lower ground clearance for sure but that will only cause bottoming of the car to the ground, not suspension bottoming.

I didn't mean the suspension bottoming. What I meant was because the tires stick out a little farther and have less contact witht the pavement it looks like it creates a bowing affect. I would assume it would cause problems with tie rods and the such.

Nice car. The gold wheels look good with that color. :W

Jibit said:
To each his own. I've never personally liked small wheels like that on a larger car. What does that do to the ride of the car and the wear and tear on your suspension? BTW, welcome!

not a whole lot...it still rides smooth as hell...you lose milage a lil bit on the high end...on the highway if im doing like 80, im really doing like 70...thats about it though....

another thing...the wheels don't stick out more....they are reverse offset which means that the design of the rim is more on the outside part...rather than the regular standerd offset...

and as for been so low to the gound...well you just have to know how to drive a lowered car...go over big bumps one wheel at a time...but im getting hydraulics installed on it right now as we speak, i won't see my ride for about another 2 weeks!!!

thanks for the props and welcomes fellas....i can really appreciate if your not into it, but think its clean looking!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
97TCSS , I myself want to do the same on my'97 when (if) I get enough back in taxes next year. (except I want all-chrome 13's on mine's) It'd look better that way on mine since it's a deep shade of dark blue. Stay with it, I myself, think those HUGE wheels on cars look ridiculous myself. How can someone with 30" rims actually call themselves a lowrider?!?(Especially when the hoodline on their Cutlass, Town Car,whatever is higher than the hood-line on my bone-stock Dakota? Not to even mention ground clearence? I'm sorry,but, if your Monte Carlo SS has the same ground clearence as an H-2,you're not cruisin' into the future in my book!) Right On! and by the way, welcome, my friend. Stay true.
(BTW that's right, it isn't a problem riding low, if you're careful.)

Last edited by a moderator:
:W to the LvC. I have never really been a fan of wires, or smaller wheels, but you def keep it clean....keep it that way......

Members online

No members online now.
Back