What'd you learn, jackass?

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
This is my favorite line when I witness someone doing something dumb.

The same line went through my head a few minutes ago...

Since I was at the shop all day and the coffee maker's been on just as long, I decided to go get some coffee from it.

I get to the coffee maker, and I'll be damned if the last inch of coffee didn't burn. Damn. But that's ok. I know a place right under the coffee maker where I have some more ground coffee. We have the technology! We can make more coffee!

IMG_20110409_223038.png

So, I picked up the coffee maker by the handle, and proceeded to swap pots. For some idiotic reason or other, before my brain could fully engage the emergency brakes and thrown the muscles in reverse, my left hand, on it's own, decided to see if the coffee pot was warm. Never mind the red light on the coffee maker that indicates the damned "warmer" (more like Amana stove heater quality warmer) was on...

Well, the tips of the left hand touched the coffee pot... That was dumb.

IMG_20110409_223126.png

My next thought as I'm looking at my hand like I was telepathically conversing with it, was "What'd you learn, jackass!?".

So yes. I'm sure I'll have a nice blister on my 4th finger tomorrow morning.

What a pinhead, I tell you....

Damn, is that coffee or tar in that cup? Sometimes you outsmart yourself, then you learn why it's better to be lucky than smart LOL

I don't know WTF is in that pot, now... I didn't want to put water in there last night (cold water and hot pyrex glass = almost guaranteed an explosion).

I'm adding water when I get to the shop later on this morning.

So what did you learn? Jackass ... LOL ...

Oh hey I learnt dis in High School physics lab hot glass looks like cold glass ... so be careful. ... I wonder if my lab partner still has the brand I put on her arm ... Oops ...

thank you Frogman I new that $1.00 I paid for the Frogman card would payoff.

This is a hall of fame post that should be made into a sticky...I have learned from it as could most who choose to read it...this is a great motto to apply to our own lifes on a daily basis...

Who the hell cares about the water?

More info on that huge lathe sporting the 3 jaw chuck.
What an old beast!

It is. It came with the shop and it still works. I don't use it much, though. I'm awaiting delivery on a nice new Matsuura 6 Axis CnC Machine... I should say, I will be awaiting delivery as soon as I purchase one. :lol:

How are going to talk Matsuura into making a 6 axis machining center ?
If anyone can you can I guess.

Pick up the phone and call :)

That 800 is bad ass.
0.0019 inches in XYZ is close enough for the girls I know.

I was explaining to Brandon last week what a CMM was.

I think his brain hit overdrive.

Can I has the old lathe if you get a new one :D

I've been wanting to get a lathe BAD... this summer hopefully.

What I am trying to figure out is in one picture of his truck on another thread there were palm trees in the backround then in this thread there is a snowplow on a truck....I know frogs are amphibious but what gives....

What I am trying to figure out is in one picture of his truck on another thread there were palm trees in the backround then in this thread there is a snowplow on a truck....I know frogs are amphibious but what gives....
Weather is dictated by his mood.
When the Frog wants snow, it snows.
When Frog demands palm trees, they grow.

:lol:

Crazy concept... but some people live in more than one place.

Members online

Back