What You guys Think of These LED interior Lights?

I have heard they work well, but $40 for a dome light, you gotta be able to find something cheaper. I used to have the leds in my car, I think I bought them through V-leds.com

The dome lights are the hardest to install. you do not need to remove headliner or anything but you have to prop the cover off. I removed all my lights because I thought it had something to do with my battery draining. They stay on for like 20 minutes after the car is off real dim. There are other posting about all this stuff. Right now the only Leds I have are in my corner marker lights and they stay on for 20 minutes and then turn off.

So many people have that problem with led bulbs. For some reason, mine have never stayed on after the car was off.

mine stay on very dimly but never had a prob with battery. havent drove car in a week and it still starts

yeah it turned out to be a bad battery. I guess the leds use very little power as compared to the stock halogen lights. I wish I had never removed them.

Im sick of the LED's Polarg makes some bulbs that look just as good and as crisp as LED.

One night one would stay on and the other would be off then the next night vice a versa.

Dont go cheap with LED's. I know its tempting since so many vendors on ebay sell cheap ones but another big complaint is the fitment can sometimes be off and they wobble and then when you get a tag light out just cause you hit a bump you end up getting pulled over by some stupid cop for such a dumb deal.

Also dont mix and match bulbs from different vendors. You will find that they have different hues to them.

LED pull little voltage, you have to add resistance or they glow all the time and if it is a bulb that registers to the info center, it can read burned out bulb.

mine stay on very dimly but never had a prob with battery. havent drove car in a week and it still starts

The current that flows through the LEDs (when they are supposed to be off) is the same current that flows through the normal bulbs when they are off. So, the long and short of it is that with normal bulbs or LEDs, the off drain is still the same on the battery. It takes over 100mA to make the stock bulbs even glow. LEDs will glow with less than 1mA (normal operating current is usually 10 to 50 mA).

Adding a resistor in parallel causes the current to bypass the LED and go through the resistor instead. Of course, there is already a different resistor in series with the LED. White LEDs are approximately 4V devices.

I did this to my trunk....

LED trunk lights 001 small.JPG

LED trunk lights 002 small.JPG

LED trunk lights small.jpg

Members online

Back