What would you do?

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My Mark lost all of the air in the air springs. Its touching the gravel in the driveway. Moving it by driving causes the rear wheels to spin since there is too much weight . I have a new compressor to install and can not get the right front tire off since the frame is dragging on the gravel. Need room to get under Mark for a jack . Even a cissors jack is too high. What would you do?. Compressor would not run

Oof!! I've been there before, just not because of a compressor issue.

I was messing with the height sensors at work during lunch and thought I had re-installed the 3 sensors to the ball mounts correctly. I apparently did not. When I turned it on, the WF stretched up real high before slamming itself down to ground level.

Luckily, since I was at work, I was able to get a pallet jack that slid underneath just fine and jacked it up at the rear behind the tire until I was able to fit my own jack. I also had my jack-stands in trunk, so I held up the one side and did the other side as well.

Pallet jack to the rescue!!!

Oof!! I've been there before, just not because of a compressor issue.

I was messing with the height sensors at work during lunch and thought I had re-installed the 3 sensors to the ball mounts correctly. I apparently did not. When I turned it on, the WF stretched up real high before slamming itself down to ground level.

Luckily, since I was at work, I was able to get a pallet jack that slid underneath just fine and jacked it up at the rear behind the tire until I was able to fit my own jack. I also had my jack-stands in trunk, so I held up the one side and did the other side as well.

Pallet jack to the rescue!!!
Thanks as this a way to get it up . I know what a pallet jack does as I ran one

+1 on digging a hole for the scissor jack. I would think this jack would be as low as a pallet jack. If not maybe a low profile jack?
Digging a hole space will be more likely to work as getting a pallet jack is hard to come by. A 4" hole deep may be enough to get a low profile jack started.Probable the rt front so wheel can come off

+1 on digging a hole for the scissor jack. I would think this jack would be as low as a pallet jack. If not maybe a low profile jack?
I can try laying the scissors jack next to car for a estimate of hole depth Thanks for the ideas to all
Digging a hole space will be more likely to work as getting a pallet jack is hard to come by. A 4" hole deep may be enough to get a low profile jack started.Probable the rt front so wheel can come off
Thank you

Thanks as this a way to get it up . I know what a pallet jack does as I ran one
me too! They are usually a couple inches off the ground, and most scissor jacks are close to that height. Glad you got her off the ground!

+1 on digging a hole for the scissor jack. I would think this jack would be as low as a pallet jack. If not maybe a low profile jack?[/QU
Would the right front corner of the rocker panel support the weight of the Mark without bending it only slightly, not enough to bend it where it can show / My car's rocker shouls be st
me too! They are usually a couple inches off the ground, and most scissor jacks are close to that height. Glad you got her off the ground .

Would the right front corner of the rocker panel close to the right front fender be strong enough to support the Marks weight. I have an Idea . Theres at lest 2 inches clearance between the rocker and the ground making me dig just 2-3 inches .One scissors jack on the right and another on the left front corner of the rocker panel. This would allow me to lift the cars front enough I hope to get my 3 ton floor jack under the lifting point of the frame. This car has no rust so the rockers are strong being they are not rusted out. Also the front corner of a rocker seems to be a good point to place the scissors jacks.Just One scissors on the right front corner of the rocker should work too work too. Has any of you Mark owners lifted yours by the rockers?

Last edited:
Would the right front corner of the rocker panel close to the right front fender be strong enough to support the Marks weight. I have an Idea . Theres at lest 2 inches clearance between the rocker and the ground making me dig just 2-3 inches .One scissors jack on the right and another on the left front corner of the rocker panel. This would allow me to lift the cars front enough I hope to get my 3 ton floor jack under the lifting point of the frame. This car has no rust so the rockers are strong being they are not rusted out. Also the front corner of a rocker seems to be a good point to place the scissors jacks. One scissors on the right should front corner of the rocker should work too work too.
I would be careful and only jack from the proper lift points. It may be ok as you are only lifting enough to get a jack underneath. Still you do not want to take a chance on damaging the body. Any chance of getting something scissor jack, car jack or low profile under the rear/back of the M8? I mean with digging a small hole in the gravel. The frames are pretty tight and I have raised the back with the front coming off the ground.

I would be careful and only jack from the proper lift points. It may be ok as you are only lifting enough to get a jack underneath. Still you do not want to take a chance on damaging the body. Any chance of getting something scissor jack, car jack or low profile under the rear/back of the M8? I mean with digging a small hole in the gravel. The frames are pretty tight and I have raised the back with the front coming off the ground.
I'll look , no room beyond the rockers

Members online

Back