What to do about squeaky rear end?

Joshawa

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all! New here on the forums as I just bought an 03 Lincoln LS sport. It runs great so far my one problem which I knew of when getting the car is that there is squeaking coming from the rear whenever I hit a bump etc. It's not too bad when I'm listening to the radio but everyone outside the car can hear it haha.

I was wondering if there's a common issue with the suspension or if you had something similar and could point this new owner in the right direction! So far I LOVE my LS and I appreciate your help!!

The common problem with the rear suspension is the rear toe links and the sway bar end links. While I'm sure that you need to replace those, that's probably not where the squeaks are coming from. The noise is very likely to be the lower (and upper) control arms.
Replacing the toe links requires an immediate realignment (4-wheel). The other parts do not.

Don't search much do ya?
Its covered a hundred times over on this forum.

It's the TMC induced squeak in the rear lower control arms, the bushings are done. You can press new bushings in or simply replace the entire unit. Not cheap.

TMC = Too Many Cheeseburgers

Does anyone have potential links to where I can find bushings for all of these parts? It seems that they are quite difficult to find! Thank you!

Don't search much do ya?
See that little input box, top right corner!

Your 03 LS is considered a 2nd GEN LS

This thread here deals with replacing the bushings all around on a 2nd GEN.

Powerflex Bushings - Lincoln LS Control Arms

Everything you need to know about those pesky control arm bushing, any questions bump Devin's thread and ask him.

It's all been covered a hundred times over and the forums search feature is your friend.

Good luck.

Members online

Back