What tires should i get for my 05 ls???

05ls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi its time to buy new tires i am looking at 2 brands of tires the first set are Falken ZE-912 235/50ZR17/ the second set are Goodyear Eagle gt 235/50ZR17. wich ones should i get i live in chicago so we have all seasons so i need some that are good in summer and in winter and water. if anybody has one of these tires on there car. i would like to know how they performe in water and snow.

I'm happy with my GoodYears. Some road noise, but the performance is good. I don't have any clue about Falken.

If you live in Chicago I would argue you should have a set of snow tires for the winter. You'll plow through it like you had AWD and then in the summer you can have some dedicated summer tires without tread blocks so you can really enjoy the car.

I agree with brentalan. I am getting ready to order either the Blizzaks or the new Michelin snows. 4 for winter and 4 for summer always work best. A lesson I learned in Europe.

It's best to just get dedicated summer and winter tires for the LS.
Get a cheap set of painted wheels and slap on winters (Blizzak or Michelin Xi2 for studless, Winterforce for studded).

Dry handling with these will suck compared to summer tires though, plus they'll wear a heckuva lot faster, which is why you want a pair of summer tires. That and preserving the aesthetics of your nice/expensive chrome wheels. Salt + chrome = cluster:q:q:q:q.

thanks for the replies. i found another tire its the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum KU27, what do you guys think about that tire..

Go with the Dunlop Sport Sig's. You won't regret it, they are an awesome all season high performance tire!

A good place to do your tire homework is TireRack.com for price, test, and customer evaluation.

Members online

No members online now.
Back