What Spark plugs are you using?

Willow9238

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was curious to find out what all of you are using. I have the 5.99 a piece E3 plugs in my LS sport. To tell you the truth I thought i was impressed with them at first, but alas i still get the same gas mileage I got before and it seems like I have the same get up and go I had before. I've had these in the car for a year and I'm thinking that maybe the autolite plugs probably work just as well.

What do you all think?

Use the OEM plugs, unless you think that the COPs are too reliable as it is.

I had the factory ones then decided to try bosch Platinum I believe (put them in a while ago) and I think the car ran better with the factory plugs. Seemed to idle smoother and respond better. I have not changed them back yet do to time and money, but will one day.

Probably will the next time. The reason I changed the plugs in the first place was that I had a misfire and decided to change all the cops. E3's were the one's advertised to do all this wonderful stuff. It even had a test done on Horsepower TV. So i tried them. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a mistake.

Be the first to try the pulsar plugs.. :)

I use e3.. I like them

:cool: Autozone told me about them. I said Hell No. But the next day, I came into to get antifreeze for my suburban and a friend of mine who works there , tells me to come over and look at them. Someone was actually crazy enough to buy them. I wonder if they performed as advertised, but at $50 for 2 i wasnt about to find out.

my e3's were only like 7 bucks a piece, which is close to the oem price i think and i haven't had any problems with them... i wanted to get pulsar plugs but at 20 bucks a pair i said :q:q:q:q that..

I have been using NGK Iridium in my cars and trucks for some time now.

getimage.jpg

Well this is good to know, i have them on my f150 and it runs very smooth and it seems to have a bit more power but i am wondering how they would work on my mark .

Platinum Champion plugs. Inexpensive and good quality. You are not going to gain anything by spending all of that money on fancy spark plugs.

I have the Autolites. They run just like the Motorcrafts did. I have no complaints with them so far.

I like the NGK platinum (the cheap ones) but I had some issues with Bosh. I agree that 4+ and some new fangled plugs are just advertised as better. Platinum give you a longer service life and I prefer to gap mine a little on the tight side (-.002).

I got the coils from ebay 2 years ago. No problems yet. I have bought OEM plugs on ebay when I did the coils. I experimented with a lot of plugs on my 71 Mustang. It traditionally would foul plugs about every 12K miles. I had better luck with bosch platinums, but then I tried the platinum +4. I installed the bosch +4 in 2000. They are still in the car! I took them out to clean them a few times, but they didn't need it. That car runs rich all the time and has a relatively low voltage ignition system. I don't think that fancy plugs will improve on more modern ignition systems.

i put in Bosch Platinums at about 70k or so when the VCG's needed replacing. I now have 131k miles. All is well.

I put NGK V-power coppers in the car, they last longer in my car than any platinum plug. My car eats plugs and cops, coppers hold more heat so don't foul as quick.

Members online

Back